“Best for flying out of Raleigh/Durham”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Raleigh International Airport
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Morrisville
Reviewed 7 June 2011

I have been staying at this hotel for several years. I live three hours from Raleigh and whenever I fly out of RDU I stay here. The rooms are clean, modern, and just right for my family. We leave our car at the hotel for a week for free. The breakfast starts at 4:00am and the shuttle to the airport leaves at 4:30am. It leaves every half hour and will deliver you right to the terminal that you are leaving from. When we get back I call them and the shuttle arrives, usually within fifteen minutes to take us back to the hotel. They only require that you stay one night on either end of your trip. You cannot beat the service.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Thank N.C.Boatman

Reviewed 3 June 2011

We were in the area for a family wedding, and this was the wedding guest hotel. It was great. The staff is so friendly and helpful, and the lobby is really bright, spacious and pretty. Bathrooms were clean and spacious -- nice long countertops!! It was nice to meet other wedding guests down at the breakfast table in the lobby. I was also really impressed by the nice landscaping and gazebo by the pool. These were nice extras. Critiques would be: towels by the pool would be nice, as well as better coffee at breakfast. It was thin and icky. In the age of specialty coffees, that doesn't cut it. A little more choice for breakfast items would also be nice. However, overall, we had a GREAT STAY and really enjoyed this place!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2011

The room I got when I checked in was uninhabitable--so they moved me and then "forgot" to give me the guaranteed rate for my reservation--it took about 20 minutes to clear that up at checkout. They couldn't make a copy of my reservation form because the copier was out of toner but finally found my sign-in form. I didn't get my automated wake-up call -- I was told that the service wasn't working--but I did make my plane. Room was a bit shabby but the bed was great. TV cable was only partly working, wireless internet was fine. Shower was great until someone else started showering and the hot water went away. Shuttle van for general pickup had 200K plus miles and was very rickety, van to airport was newer and safer. Staff was friendly, but... and I did get a "we're sorry" e-mail from the manager after I sent my concerns to HQ.

Room Tip: Be sure you have your e-mail rate receipt
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 January 2011

This is a great location for utilizing RDU. The hotel was super clean and comfortable. Being able to leave your vehicle here while you fly out of town is a great bonus. I never worried once about my car while I was away because the place is very secure. The hotel offers a shuttle to the airport and upon arriving back into town, we were picked back up in less than 5 minutes. They are really on top things and everyone was very friendly.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 November 2010

This is the best place to stay by the airport for your money. The front desk staff was excellent and the rooms where great. Housekeeping does a great job. I also saw the manager come out of his office beside the front desk and he was a very pleasant young man. This is the only hotel I will stay at in the area and I would recommend this to anyone planning on staying in the area. You could not beat the prices. GREAT JOB!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 October 2010

This was my third stay at this La Quinta. It has become my favorite hotel by RDU because the staff is always friendly, there's an early/late shuttle to the airport and the hotel will allow me to park my car in their lot at no additional charge while I'm away. Depending on the length of my trip, it's less expensive to stay overnight at La Quinta and take the shuttle than it is to drive to the airport and park. The rooms are spotless and the breakfast is better than average.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2010

We stayed here on a stop over night on our way to the OBX. It was our first time at a La Quinta. Check in was very slow. When I got there, there were already 2 people waiting and they told me they had been there for a while and had not seen anyone. I decided to stay because we really needed a room for the night. We got our room, went upstairs (it was as far from the lobby as one could get) only to enter a room that was an oven. We had 2 small children with us, a HOT room and the AC did not work. We called the lobby, no answer, so I had to go all the way back to the lobby. I requested a new room but the clerk went to the back office and magically switched the AC "on"....it worked after that but it took the room a very long time to cool down. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable. The other problem came at exactly 8"06 AM when someone came banging on our door! I rushed to the door before anyone else woke up only to see "house keeping". When I asked her what she wanted, she could not answer because she obviously did not speak English. What is house keeping doing banging on doors at 8 AM on a Saturday??!??? Did she not have a list of rooms that were empty and that she could clean? She was randomly knocking on doors?? At a place that serves the airport nearby I am sure there was no shortage of other rooms to clean! I reported this to the person working the front desk and he said he would report it to house keeping. I heard him call someone and say that he had gotten several complaints that morning about this.
We would not stay at this place again because there is no excuse for the house keeping error. It was unacceptable and she did not even apologize for it. She kind of just giggled.
We have stayed at countless hotels in the past few yrs and I have never seen this before. Now we put the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door all the time!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morrisville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Raleigh Durham Airport S
Cambria hotel & suites Raleigh-Durham Airport
Hampton Inn Raleigh Durham Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Brier Creek
Hyatt Place Raleigh-Durham Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Raleigh-Durham Airport

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Raleigh International Airport? Share your experiences!