“Perfectly Adequate”

Ranked #18 of 18 Hotels in Morrisville
Clarksville, Maryland
“Perfectly Adequate”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

Microtel has simple, small, plain rooms for a cheap price. Don't expect anything special or pretty. My room was clean and safe and had everything that one would expect from an inexpensive hotel. It is very convenient to the airport. However, that does make it loud, as one hears every plane that goes over. Planes seem to take off until 11:30 pm and resume around 6 am. So if you'd like to sleep longer than that, consider staying elsewhere. I stayed here before an early am flight and it worked out fine. Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank ggb16
microtelinnrdu, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
Dear Valued guest
We kindly appreciate your business and reviews. Your comments helps us to serve you better.
We welcome you for your future stay,
Manny.K.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
christiansburg
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2011

Would not stay here again! Front desk check in was civil to us but so rude to the next couple checking in not friendly at all!!!! The room was VERY small, ac/heating unit falling apart. Something on the back of the wall of the toliet.......leave this to you to figure out. This hotel needs alot of work as does the front desk pertaining to customer service!!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank linkousclan
Duck, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

I usually stay at Microtel's when I travel alone and for short amounts of time. Next time I will think twice before booking at one. I should have turned around after checking in... The gentleman at the front desk was very rude, he didn't say a single word to me except needing to see my ID and credit card. Nothing to even tell my my room number, just handed me the room key. He continually answered the phone and ignored me. Next reason I should have turned around and left would be the fact I could hear everything that the people in the next room said. The tv made a terrible buzzing sound like it was about to die and I could hear every plane that went over. I finally fell asleep and woke up because I was hot, only to find out that the air conditioner was not working. I woke up after 4 hours of sleep due to the neighbors again. When I checked out and told them about the air conditioning (which turned out to be just not plugged in and I could not reach the plug) the lady said nothing and just spoke in spanish to the maintenance man. And on top of all this, I was charged over what it was supposed to be.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Johnson City, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2011

The staff and management were quick to solve and online booking problem that was totally my fault. They have a convenient, efficient, and cost effective shuttle service to the airport, and were quick to remedy my weak battery by helping start my auto after a long trip out west. The place is clean, and a real bargin for that area.

Room Tip: gat the room away from I-40
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
durham
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2011

I paid for my room online through priceline, but when i get to the hotel they wouldn't let me check in. I have never been treated so poor in my life; in which i travel all over the U.S. yearly for my occupation. I was given different times in which they would let me check in, and then recanted on those very words. To the point, that they never allowed me to stay and wanted to charge me an extra 15$ dollars to get the same room i had paid for the previous day!!! This is the absolute Worst EVER!

Crystal works at front desk and you will regret the day you ever said hello to her mean hearted self. I will not rest til justice prevails...

Room Tip: Floors and sheets had stains and felt very unclean
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
microtelinnrdu, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, 29 August 2011
Dear Guest ,
We looked into the issue , your reservation was made through Priceline.com at an unpublished rate .The reason you were charged $15 since you wanted to check in way too early than the normal check- in time.Our check in time is 03:00pm and check out time is 11:00am. All the hotel policies are listed on all the online travel agencies which they also provide to the guest upon making the reservation.We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience upon your stay ,we apologize
for it. We do appreciate your business and would like to see you again .
Warm regards
Manny.K.
Hinesville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2011

The outside, entry way and hallway looked a little outdated to me, but the room was great. It had a mini fridge, microwave, very neat, clean and the internet connection actually worked! We had two queen beds and the room was still spacious enough for all four of us. Great Stay for a Great Price!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Bay City, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2011

I stayed here for a business trip. The room was very very clean! However, the hotel room was drab, no comfortable place to sit, and felt claustrophobic. I personally would not stay here again, however it was an excellent value that my corporation couldn't bypass.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,
Sorry for the inconvenience upon your stay in the past.
We would like to inform about the amenities we offer in our rooms: Bay window bed,TV with 78 premium cable channels,Free internet access,Free local & long dist calls anywhere in the US. In room safe,Hairdryer,Iron/Ironing board,Shower/tub combination,Alarm clock with radio,Wake up call upon request,Free breakfast and free shuttle service to and from Airport as well.
Hope to see you again and enjoy your stay.
Thanks