“Amazing rooms for a fair price- I WILL RETURN” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Place Raleigh-Durham Airport

Hyatt Place Raleigh-Durham Airport
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Morrisville
Toronto, Canada
“Amazing rooms for a fair price- I WILL RETURN”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

I recently stated at Hyatt Place- I was looking for a hotel equipped with a kitchenette and the options were minial and quite disgusting (conform suites etc). I fould a Hyatt and was thrilled to find out this particular location was close to the airport (about a 2 minutes drive) with a kitchen.

Upon arrival I was permitted an early check in (1pm) -Bonus #1
The staff was friendly and welcoming and 1 was even from Canada as well
The hostess asked it I was okay with a room on the 4th floor which was a first (ive never been asked if I had a preference of room location). Upon entry to my room I was blown away. For what I had paid (under $150) and what the room looked like was absolutely stunning and bright. The kitchenette was off to the left as I walked into a bright sitting area with a large television. In a separate room was a lovely plush king size bed with a very beautiful headboard. Another massive television and a bathroom separated with an external vanity and sink area.

Breakfast was included and came with a variety of Hot options (Eggs made to order, Fruits, Belgium Waffles...cereal...etc) It was great with lots of hot and cold beverage selections as well.
Overall this was one of my best experiences

I travel to the raleigh/durham region quite a bit for business and pleasure and I would always stay at another hotel chain. I have stayed at a Hyatt a few times while in NYC and was impressed with the room size and sitting area for a cost that is cheaper or comparable to a standard room.
My pictures do not do justice to this room!

I am very happy and will return.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

First time to ever post a review but had to share that this property is definitely not up to Hyatt standards. When I checked in I was given a handicap room. No counter space or shower stall. When I returned to the front desk a smug desk attendant said take it. It was the only room. Later I discovered that literally dozens of other travelers were checked in that afternoon. I'm Hyatt Gold status but felt treated as if they didn't care. Next morning it took nearly fifteen minutes to get anyone to assist in checking out.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Gary S
Reno, Nevada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

Although the location was very close to the airport, the customer service was really lacking. When I had called to check my reservation. They had the wrong price for the room that night, so I had to call customer service and get them to contact the hotel and tell them the price I was originally charged for the room. When I got to the room, it was normal Hyatt place decor. I felt some of the items could have been replaced, there was some discoloring spots in the sofa. And the faucet to the sink would move and come out of it's place, when I would turn it on or off. There were also some stains in the tub. When I called the front desk to ask them to bring me fork to my room. I was informed I had to come downstairs and get it myself. I was already in my PJ's, so then I had to change clothes just to go downstairs and get my fork. When I came to get it, I explained to the person at the front desk how inconvenience it was for me to come down. The person at the front desk then told me that there was only one person on duty at night and they cant leave the front desk. And then said that he was about to "clock out", so he couldn't bring it up anyways. I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lana2011
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

Besides the loud airplane noise from the airport and crowded parking lot (they allow airport parking for a fee), I was really disappointed in the way I was treated by the front desk. There's none of the superior customer service that is de rigeur at a Hyatt Regency hotel. Sure, this was only a Hyatt Place but I reasonably expected a cut above in customer service from a hotel with the Hyatt brand name. I've gotten treated with more respect and friendliness at Best Western motels. I felt like my business was not wanted at all. What a disappointment!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Beaufort, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

Excellent and friendly service
Rooms are clean and spacious. Small but fresh breakfast included. This is not just a business hotel! Only negatives are the loud HAV units and the expected airport noise. Nevertheless, this will be a regular leisure stop in the RDU area.

• Stayed October 2013
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Staying at this hotel was very pleasant and convenient. Check-in and out is very simple. The lounge and galley were convenient places to grab breakfast, dinner, or just a late evening drink. It's also great that the facilities are open 24/7 which makes it convenient for me when I have a busy work schedule.

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Bert V
Santa Monica, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

I just stayed at the Hyatt Place in Raleigh Durham airport. The Hyatt Place is reliably consistent - you know what you get regardless of where you stay. Sadly this Hyatt had an outdoor pool that was closed for the season but some of the Hyatts have indoor pools. The rooms are large and clean and the prices are fair . You also can not get closer to the airport and car rental locations at this spot which makes its convenient for the business traveler. Also having the free breakfast included is also very convenient - early bird catches the worm when it comes to these amenities. Breakfast was served till 10 though - but it's best to get down there early.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morrisville
Cambria hotel & suites Raleigh-Durham Airport
HYATT house Raleigh Durham Airport
Hampton Inn Raleigh Durham Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Raleigh-Durham Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Raleigh International Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Brier Creek

Been to Hyatt Place Raleigh-Durham Airport? Share your experiences!