“Awesome Lunch with Co-Workers”

Capital City Chop House
Ranked #8 of 161 Restaurants in Morrisville
Price range: US$21 - US$35
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pleasant Grove Church Road
Reviewed 5 August 2014

First time here, is a favorite of my co-workers. I had the luxury of being treated to lunch and this is where I was taken. The food was very good and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I will be asking my husband to take me here, so that he can enjoy it as well.

1  Thank Thomasina H

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I had caesar salad & bone in ribeye with cabernet mushrooms and rice. Excellent. Server and staff very friendly and courteous. Pretty pricey with $47 for a bone in ribeye but it was quite good. It took awhile to get salad out and even longer for entree.

1  Thank Hugh S
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I've lived in Raleigh for 5 years and had never heard of this local restaurant tucked away off Aviation Parkway..Boy am I glad my girlfriend picked it out for a special date night.

I've had steak in restaurants all over the country, including some of Chicago's best. Capital City Chophouse is every bit as good. It was far better than at Ruth Chris's and in the same price range.

Typical chop house decor, dark wood, and dark environment, but I'm not going here to look at the surroundings, I'm here to eat a perfectly prepared steak and to get impeccable service, Capital City Chop House did not disappoint

If you are used to getting steak at an Outback or Texas Roadhouse then yes you might have some sticker shock but good steak and suburb service is pricey.

My date and I splurged and it was worth every penny. Wine selection is good and by the glass prices are fair.

Oysters Rockefeller was our starter and was quite nice. Salads were crisp and fresh with outstanding housemade dressings.

Clearly our steaks were well aged and generously cut, melting in my mouth. We are both picky about our desired cook and these we're right on the money. Her's being rare and mine medium rare.

Dessert was so large that we took a single piece of the chocolate cake back to you hotel room to share later.

I can't afford this often, but when I can I know that my dining experience will be outstanding.

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

As per the title, menu is way way over priced! The food is ok, but for that price expectation are much higher!!!! Deco is like out of date and feels very dark, green, old style.

Not my choice of steak house

Staff where nice ;)

Reviewed 13 July 2014

My husband and I visited Capital City Chop House for the first time to celebrate our anniversary. In the past, we frequented Sullivans. We hesitated about breaking this tradtion but decided to try "something new". I ordered the Chilean Sea Bass (which I also order at Sullivans) and my husband ordered the Cowboy Ribeye (which he also orders at Sullivans). I considered not ordering the sea bass because I like to go with options that restaurants are known for; but upon the recommendation of the waitress (who never told us her name), went with the sea bass. It wasn't bad. In comparison to Sullivan's which I believe is superb, CCCH's was good. The sauce they used was a little more tangy, but it was flavorful. Honestly, I haven't had anyone's Chilean Sea Bass exceed Sullivan's so the bar for me is very high. My husband was pleased with his steak. He's a no frills, meat and potatotes man and that's exactly what he got. A 20 oz, med-well steak with loaded baked potatoe and caesar salad. He was full (and satisfied) after eating every bite of it; mission accomplished.
As the reviews show, CCCH is comparable (price, quality of food, atmosphere) to Angus Barn, Ruth Chris, and Sullivans (locally). CCCH fell short in the atmosphere department for us. The ambience didn't fit the price/quality of food. If you used table cloths in the past, bring them back. The manager did come to our table and acknowledged that we were celebrating our anniversary and if we had let them know ahead of time (which ironically I did via OpenTable reservations and included a note that we were first-timers and would be celebrating our 13th anniversary), they would have "fancied up a bit and used the table cloths". Well not sure how that got overlooked, but in any event, ambience could be improved. Service was ok, nothing to rave about, initially it seemed we had to pull a lot of information out of our server, she later became more forthcoming and provided some input. We were given a complimentary dessert which was appreciated; the white chocolate creme brulee which was good. I do have to give kudos on the bleu cheese dressing and blue crab bisque; both were very good.

Overall, (again I'm comparing to Sullivan's and more upscale restaurants we've visited), CCCH is a 3/3.5 (input from my husband too who is way more accommodating than I am). Food (taste/quality): 4/4.5. Service: 3. Atmoshpere: 3

I think as a best practice, especially when people have so many options and this isn't your everyday (every month) restaurant you MUST pull out all the stops and purposely aim to EXCEED expectations as if all your guests are "first-timers, celebrating a special occaison"; reservations or not.

1  Thank 4MoBulls