“Excellent hotel”

Holiday Inn Raleigh Durham Airport-Morrisville
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Morrisville
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Great place to stay. Several places to eat within walking distance. Prompt van pickup from the airport.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 12 September 2011

We only stayed one night at this hotel. It was clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful. Airport shuttle was on time with a nice driver. Very close to the airport. The only problem was the mattress in our room 222. It sagged in the middle and was not very comfortable. It was only one night, so we didn't request another room. We got a good deal for $50 through Hotwire. So, we were happy with it. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Following on the heels of staying at other Holiday Inns, I felt compelled to give my compliments to this hotel in particular. It was clean, friendly and accommodating. The entire building seems new, unlike many of the "refreshed" Holiday Inns that still reek of decades old smoke.

My room was large and came with a mini-fridge and microwave. The bathroom was modern with all the touches you come to expect at a full-service hotel. Breakfast is served in a large dining area, kept up by smiling staff.

My colleague and I also made use of the business center, which had everything we needed including free printing.

Overall, I found nothing lacking and had a really enjoyable experience. I wish all other Holiday Inns would follow their lead.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2011

We just stayed there for a nite on the arriving on the 20th of Jul before we had to fly out to Toronto on our way back to Alberta. When we arrived we were greeted by courteous front desk people and they had told us that there was going to be a managers dinner in the breakfast area from 0530 to 0630....Pizza, beer, pop, chicken, salad to die for and pasta....the food was fabulous and the room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. I have stayed at a lot of hotels and have never been fed supper before as a managers treat.....Great idea...just loved it and will definitely stay here again in the future. Love the Holiday Inn!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Randytravelling
Reviewed 21 July 2011

We got a great rate on the room with AAA discount. Had 2 queens - beds were clean and comfortable with nice pillows with choice of soft or firm. No bed bugs - I checked (I'm an RN). Room had refrigerator and microwave.

Bathrooms, shower, and rest of room were spotless. Room was cold when we checked in (65 degrees), but it warmed up quickly once we adjusted thermostat. Front desk was friendly and answered any questions we had.

Hot breakfast was decent with bacon, eggs, biscuits and gravy, pancakes, and a variety of bagels and pastries. The hot cinnamon rolls were my fave. I wouldn't recommend the eggs. If anything was running out - the pancakes were starting to run low at one point - there is an attendent there who is very helpful and friendly and brought the pancakes to my children at the table. Plenty of drinks - several juices, coffee, tea, and milk.

Internet access was a little slower than my usual "high speed", but still worked with no otherwise problems. There is a computer room with several computers available for thos who do not bring their own computer.

We liked it so much that we contacted my parents, who were coming through on the 2nd day. Originally we were going to meet up with them later, but we told them that they had to join us there because it was so great - they loved it, especially for the price. They had stayed somewhere else the night before and had spent a lot more and had a lot less comfort.

Also, my children swam in the outside pool. It was clean and warm. There were also plenty of clean towels available at the poolside.

After this experience, we talked about always trying to find Holiday Inn Expresses when we travel. I highly recommend!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2011

This Holiday Inn was clean. I was most impressed with the personnel at the front desk. They were very friendly and helpful. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone who needs a place to stay near the airport.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 4revetahw
Reviewed 20 May 2011

This hotel is perfect for a stay to the Raleigh-Durham area. It is very close to the airport and offers a free shuttle, although you need a car to get out and see the sights here. Our room, which was on the 6th floor, was quiet and roomy. There is a small amount of noise from planes taking off, but it was not bad. They offer free wi-fi and coffee around the clock, a minifridge and microwave in the room, and the receptionists' recommendations for restaurants were unfailingly good. I booked this room on Hotwire and got a really amazing price, which just makes this modern, comfortable hotel even better!

• Stayed: May 2011