“They excel at service.”

Add it.
Smithfield's Chicken 'n Barbq
Ranked #20 of 158 Restaurants in Morrisville
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I live near here, and it's a favorite destination for when I don't feel like cooking. I'm VERY partial to their fried chicken tenders with potato salad and coleslaw. What sets Smithfield's apart is their level service. Yes, you order from a counter at the front, but, after that, they do just about everything else for you. They are genuinely attentive.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

If you love authentic vinegar based Carolina BBQ then this is the place for you. I ordered the $6.99 pulled pork sandwich combo during my visit to Smithfield’s. The pork tastes exactly like the straight from the BBQ pit meat I love when my uncles BBQ whole hogs for family gatherings. I did not try anything else while there, but literally everyone around me was enjoying fried chicken plates. I will definitely check that out next time. The servers attending to patrons are extremely friendly and have an eye for cleanliness and detail. From what I saw with the chicken plates, the portions are generous and as another reviewer said, the shoe string French fries are perfectly cooked and not greasy at all. I will definitely return when the taste for authentic Carolina BBQ hits me.

Reviewed 22 June 2013

We love going to this place! The food is always so good and bountiful. We always leave very full with very happy tummy's. They have the best sweet tea in the state of North Carolina, so if you are a lover, you have to try some! The waitstaff come around and refill your cup which is great! They also clear your plates off which is so nice. Go! You will love it.

Reviewed 15 May 2013

First time to a Smithfield's, and by golly, it won't be the last. Very nice, very clean restaurant. Prices are very reasonable - pulled pork bbq sandwich for $3.99, combo with fries and drink for $6 and change. That's what I got, and the pork was uber fresh and yummy, the bun also extremely fresh, perhaps lightly steamed even. Fries, again, very, very fresh - not greasy, obviously cooked in very fresh oil.

Service is top notch. It's not typical server-assigned style so you don't tip, but they bring your meal out to you, and they refill your drink for you. Seriously, a young man came by holding a pitcher of each tea and coke, and when I said no thank you, that I had diet, he grabbed my cup and brought it back full.

The only drawback IMHO is that they're uber limited on sauce - they have like, two, period. I love a good pulled pork sandwich with different sauces to choose from, from tomato to mustard based, especially increasing levels of heat so I can get just the right flavor and spice for me (I like it hotter than most but not "holy crud, you Texans are crazy" hot). Alas, on the table they have only a vinegar based sauce, I mean like mostly vinegar with some cool looking seasonings in the bottom of a clear bottle that you shake up. Very liquidy, and very vinegary, not my thing at all. Then they have a bottle of Texas Pete .. yuck (IMHO). They only thing that redeemed this situation for me was that they did have just one tomato based sauce in the back the mgr was all too happy to bring out in a little cup, and it was pretty darned good - not my favorite ever, mind you, but good enough that I'll be back.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

SCNB conistently offers a very high quality food, pleasurable dining experience with excellent service and, in my opinion, one of the best representations of true, Eastern NC BBQ. On my last visit, their heath rating was 101.5! My other favorites for authentic NC BBQ are lucky to be in the mid 90's, though that place smokes their meat on premises.
If I had to choose one place to get BBQ for the rest of my life (yeah, that's probably unlikely), I would choose SCNB.