“Accomodating, Well managed Property” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hampton Inn Mount Airy
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Mount Airy
GreenLeadersBronze level
Pennsylvania
“Accomodating, Well managed Property”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

Based strictly on Trip Advisor reviews, we stayed here for one night on our way north from a respite in Florida to escape the weather in the Northeast and were not disappointed. Conveniently located off I-77 via I-74, we found the staff very friendly, accommodating and supported by a very clean, well kept property.

Upon check-in we were warmly greeted and given a free upgrade (without asking) to a King Jr. suite room - nice touch - that met all my room preferences. Room was very spacious, very clean and nicely appointed. The room was very quiet and we got a very good night's sleep.

Breakfast was standard HI&S but it was one of the nicest, well laid out breakfast areas I've seen in awhile. The attendant was very attentive and kept the area extremely clean and all the tables and floor area spotless. As it was a one night stay, we did not have an opportunity to try out the pool or other amenities here (except the cookies - yum).

This property is highly rated for a reason and the staff is a key reason. Thank you management and the entire hotel staff for making our brief stay so enjoyable. You shine brighter than many other HI&S.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hampton I, General Manager at Hampton Inn Mount Airy, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
I would like to say thank you so much for staying at the Hampton Inn Mount Airy and for taking the time to give us such an awesome review. We greatly appreciate the compliments. The staff and I take pride in our property and we love what we do. It is the feedback that we receive from our guest that help us to do such a good job. We want each guest to have a positive memorable experience when staying with us and I can see that your stay was just that. We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to the area. We love having you here!

Lenise Lynch

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Circleville, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

The hotel was very clean and the staff very nice, as we were having to stop due to the interstate closing. My daughter is active duty military and they were military friendly. The only issue was with the person that plowed the parking lot clearing snow. They did not clear all spots and left us to clear our on to be able to park.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank NinaDE4inOH
Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Mt. Airy NC and for taking the time to let other travelers know about your stay. We take pride in our hotel and enjoy hearing how clean and comfortable the accommodations are. I am sorry that you had to experience the situation with the parking lot and the snow. Unfortunately, we were not prepared for such bad weather. We hope to not see that kind of snow again for a very long time. We do appreciate your feedback and if the forecast predicts such weather in the future we hope to be better prepared. Again, I apologize and I hope that you made it home safely. We look forward to seeing you again if your travels bring you back to the area. Mount Airy is such a beautiful place in the spring, summer and fall with lots to see and do.

Naples, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

Clean with a indoor pool. Social hour with 2 free beers, wine and soda. Along with potato chips. At 7 there are cookies. Nice touch but comes up a little short. However, it is free.Tile grout was filthy.Breakfast was not what you think of when you think Hampton.Could be a lot better overall.Lots of fast food places close by, Gas stations are high in price. If you can and going North get gas in Virginia.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank richard p
Hampton I, General Manager at Hampton Inn Mount Airy, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Mt. Airy and for providing feedback regarding your stay. The feedback that we receive is very important to us. We do our best to exceed our guest expectations and I would like to apologize to you because it seems that we fell short during your visit. I would like to speak to you regarding a couple of things that you mentioned so that I can get a better understanding of where we can improve. Please contact me at 336-789-5999 at your convenience.

charlotte, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

always a welcoming staff. they go out of there way to make you feel like you are home or better. breakfast is always hot. rooms are always clean and there is always a personal touch to there interaction.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Aaron P
I would like to thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Mt. Airy and for letting other travelers know about your stay. We do our best to ensure our guest have that home away from home feeling and from your title I can see that we did just that. I am pleased to know that you enjoy staying with us. Thank you for the five star rating on Trip Advisor. We greatly appreciate that. We look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you to the area because we love having you here!!

Haysi, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

My daughter and I visited the Mount Airy Hampton Inn a few weeks ago. This is a top notch property. Probably the best Hampton I've stayed in.Wonderful, clean, updated accommodations. Our room was huge, very clean, nice beds and furnishings. Very pleasant and accommodating staff who go above and beyond to ensure a pleasant and comfortable stay. They pay attention to the small details in hospitality, which go a long way. Pool area looked very nice. Breakfast was great.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MrsStiltner
I would first like to thank you so much for staying at the Hampton Inn Mt. Airy and for taking the time to let other travelers know about your stay. It is our goal to provide excellent customer service, clean rooms and comfortable surroundings for our guest and it sounds like we did just that. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having you again the next time your travels bring you to the area. Thank you for the recommendation we greatly appreciate it.

Clover, SC, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

I was in Mt. Airy for a family funeral and stayed at the Hampton Inn as I usually do when visiting there. The accommodations were excellent as usual and I very much enjoyed my stay. The only thing negative I could say is that I didn't like the pillows, but that's not unusual. I just prefer my pillow at home.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Sandra S
Thank you for staying at the Award Winning Hampton Inn in Mount Airy NC. We greatly appreciate the five star rating that you gave us on Trip Advisor. The feedback that our guest take the time to give is very important so thank you so much for doing so. I am pleased to know that you had another good experience at our property and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future because "We Love Having You Here!"

Rock Hill SC, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

This very nice place to stay . After more than 30 stays it has been a A+ to stay. Rooms are all ways clean. Very quiet place to stay. Near all the eating places and town. Never had any problems . Large parking lot.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

2 Thank Paul R
Hampton I, General Manager at Hampton Inn Mount Airy, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Mount Airy NC. It sounds like you have been with us for at least 30 days and we greatly appreciate that. We strive to provide excellent service, clean rooms and comfortable surroundings and from your feedback it sounds like we are doing just that. Thank you again and we love having you here.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Airy
Quality Inn, Mount Airy
#6 of 8 in Mount Airy
Hampton Inn & Suites Dobson
Fairfield Inn & Suites Elkin Jonesville

Been to Hampton Inn Mount Airy? Share your experiences!