“Mount Airy Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn Mount Airy
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Mount Airy
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 16 April 2014

A really nice Hampton Inn. My wife and I usually pick Hampton Inns to stay at when we are on the road. We like the style, the cleanliness, the amenities like the WiFi and breakfast. This particular Hampton is quite new, and had a lovely indoor pool that the families were making good use of. They were having a blast! The layout of the Inn was such that we had a very quiet evening, even though the pool area was lively. The breakfast in the morning was the best that we have experienced at any Inn. Lots of fresh fruit, and many choices of hot items to eat. We will make our way back to Mount Airy on our next trip south.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hampton I, General Manager at Hampton Inn Mount Airy, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thank you for choosing our property and for the 5 star rating that you gave us on Tripadvisor. We greatly appreciate that. Our property will actually be 18 years old in November of this year. I have a great staff from the house keepers, to the front desk and we all do our best to keep the property well maintained and clean. I am very proud to know that you had a great memorable experience while staying with us and will be back on your next trip to the south because we love having you here.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Outstanding staff. Motel was extremely guest friendly. Good breakfast and comfortable eating and clean facilities. Great location for the Mt. Airy NC area...plenty of restaurants within a short distance from the motel. My spouse and I attended a British car show in Dobson NC...the Hampton on I-77 was full....they suggested this one and called over for availability. Fine service and kept the business in the Hampton family. Our room had all the goodies we needed and was very comfortable. Would definitely recommend to any traveler, especially if kids are involved and dining choices are important. Thanks for a fine stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

You are most welcome and thank you for such a great review on Trip Advisor and for the recommendation. We greatly appreciate the 5 star rating as well. The staff and I love what we do so it makes taking care of our guest a lot easier. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed staying with us and you are correct we are in a great location when it comes to restaurants and shopping. We would love to have you again the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

My family took an overnight trip to go back in time and visit Mayberry. We had a wonderful time in the town and this hotel is a must stay while you're there. VERY clean, affordable, and the staff was very helpful with local attractions. The free breakfast wasn't spectacular, but it filled us up for the morning. Overall two thumbs up in my book!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for staying at the Award Winning Hampton Inn in Mount Airy NC and for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor. We greatly appreciate the 5 star rating and I am so happy to know that you had a "Wonderful time in Mayberry!" It is really a great place especially in the spring, summer and fall when you can get out and see all the wonderful things it has to offer. The staff and I do our best to provide friendly service, clean and comfortable surroundings so I am pleased to know that is what you experienced while staying with us. We have several special events coming up in Mayberry such as Budbreak Wine Festival May 3rd, Mayberry Days, where you may see a star or two from the Andy Griffith Show Sept 25-28 and Autumn Leaves Festival Oct 10-12 so hopefully you can plan to come see us again soon because we love having you here. Thank you.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

We had been traveling for 5 days and this was the nicest hotel! Clean and well priced, friendly staff. Beds were comfortable and room was quiet. Convenient to pick up pizza at Papa Johns and we had breakfast at Biscuitville next door and it was delicious.

• Stayed: April 2014

I would like to first thank you for the 5 star rating that you gave us on Trip Advisor and for taking the time to let other travelers know about your experience at the Hampton Inn Mt. Airy. I love the title "Perfect," which is what we try to be when it comes to taking care of our guest. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

We had a good stay at the Mount Airy location. The people at the front desk were very helpful when I had trouble with my HH account. The sleep was good and we liked the food served at breakfast especially the fresh fruit. We haven't seen too much fresh fruits provided as part of breakfast. I also looked at their wall of fame and it looked like this hotel got a lot of awards from Hilton! I also like the fact there were a lot of baggage trolleys available. I counted 5 at one time.

1  Thank SergeOttawa

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Mount Airy and for the great review. The staff and I do our best to provide clean rooms, comfortable surroundings and friendly service for each and every guest. I am pleased to know that you were able to experience all of those while staying with us. Our breakfast is one of the best and the most important meal of the day so I am glad that you were able to enjoy it. We hope to see you again in the near future if your travels bring you back to the area. Thank you.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

My family needed to attend a funeral and having stayed here for our daughter's college graduation, I knew the Hampton Inn was the place to stay. Because there are 5 family members we needed a larger room than normal and the two queen bed suite works nicely for us. In addition, we needed a late check out due to the time of the funeral service. They accommodated our late check out which made our traveling more comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your 5 star rating and for taking the time to let other travelers know about your stay. I am sorry for your loss and my deepest sympathies to you and your family. I am pleased to know that we were able to accommodate your lodging needs and late check out. We try to be very accommodating especially in situations when our guest are already having a difficult time. Thank you again for staying with us and for the great review.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Had a group of guys coming through on a golf trip and we booked rooms in advance. There were no problems with anything. The rooms were clean. Check in was quick and easy. And the breakfast was good. I will probably book the same hotel next year for this trip.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for staying at the Hampton Inn Mount Airy NC and for taking the time to let other travelers know about your stay. We take great pride in our property and I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your visit with us. Maybe on the next trip you will be able to experience some of our golf courses. We have some great ones especially the ones at Cross Creek Country Club. We look forward to seeing you in the near future because we love having you here!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Airy
Quality Inn
#6 of 8 in Mount Airy
Hampton Inn & Suites Dobson
Hampton Inn Jonesville/Elkin

Been to Hampton Inn Mount Airy? Share your experiences!