“Loud noises inside room!”

Hampton Inn Mount Airy
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Mount Airy
GreenLeadersBronze level
Smithfield, United States
“Loud noises inside room!”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My only compaint about this hotel was loud noises emanating from our room every few hours! The noise was loud enough to wake you from sleep. Told the front desk at checkout, they question if it was noise coming from outside my room. I told them no, the noise sounded like a house creaking, the just said really, but did not mention their 100% satisfaction guarantee policy, offer nothing to me.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton I, General Manager at Hampton Inn Mount Airy, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn in Mount Airy NC and providing feedback from your stay with us. We truly strive to provide excellent service and accommodations to each and every guest. It appears that we have fallen below your expectations concerning the noises you were hearing in your room and no compensation for this issue. I sincerely apologize for these inconveniences and would like to personally speak with you regarding your past stay. Please call me at your convenience (336)789-5999. I hope to hear from you soon.

Lenise Lynch

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Herndon, Virginia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Hampton Inns are almost always very nice, but we found a Hampton Inn that far exceeds the average GREAT Hampton Inn. The Mt Airy, NC Hampton Inn is about 6 miles from I-77 and 2 miles from I-74 which was NOT a problem. No traffic at all!! This Hampton truly was the "Spirit of Mayberry RFD" which would make local legend Andy Griffith proud. By the way, the breakfast area has earned a 100% Serve Safe rating.

Room Tip: US 601 is a low traveled road, so noise is NOT a problem.
Green Features: We saw recycle bins around and have no doubt that they recycle responsibly.
2 Thank OldBuzzard78
Thank you for the great review and for staying at the Hampton Inn Mount Airy. We strive to provide clean rooms, friendly service and great accommodations each and every visit. After reading your review I see that we did just that. The staff and I love to hear when we have exceeded a guest's expectation so thank you again. I would like to also thank you for recognizing our breakfast staff and their AWESOME health inspection score of 100. They truly do an outstanding job and we are very proud of that score. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff during our next huddle. We look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you to "Mayberry."

Rochester, New York
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Was there on business for the first time. The bed was super comfortable, and the complimentary breakfast was excellent. Small fitness facility, but I ended up running outside since it was so nice out. Staff was helpful and courteous. Good location in terrms of getting something to eat. If I have to travel there again, I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Chris H
Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Mount Airy and for the great review on TripAdvisor. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff during our next huddle. I am happy to know that you enjoyed the Cloud Nine Bedding and Serta Mattresses that Hampton offers. Breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day so I am glad that you thought it was excellent. We do offer one of the best! I am excited that you will stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Mount Airy, United States
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very clean hotel and what a good night rest on the bedding. The breakfast was different everyday so that was nice and the staff are awesome, they were always helpful with giving us information about places to eat and things to do and see. And the bedding did allow for a great night's rest. The room smelled nice and fresh and the bathroom was spotless and the shower curtains was so clean which is a plus when you are showering away from home. You will not be disappointed if you choose to stay at this hotel it was a good choice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Arlene T
Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Mount Airy NC and for the five star rating that you gave us on TripAdvisor. We strive to provide clean rooms, friendly service and great accommodations with each and every stay. I am so happy to know that while staying with us you were able to get a good night's rest. Rest is very important especially when traveling. I too enjoy the Cloud Nine Bedding and the Serta Mattresses that Hampton's offer. We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed an overnight on our way to Myrtle Beach and this was definitely not a mistake. There isn't a thing to complain about. Even the breakfast was one of the better ones we've had. A lot
to choose from and tasty. The location was great and the highway was close. This one is a keeper.

1 Thank Cotton45
Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Mount Airy and for the five star rating that you gave us on TripAdvisor. This location is a great place to stop especially when traveling from the north to the south. It is conveniently located close to the highway, restaurants, and shopping centers. I am happy to know that you had a enjoyable experience and that the breakfast was tasty. In my opinion it is one of the best. We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you the area.

Connersville, United States
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This hotel was excellent!!! We stayed in 3 different hotels during our vacation road trip, and this one was hands down the best of them all. The bed was comfortable, the breakfast was good, and the overall experience was enjoyable. I wouldn't hesitate to return to this hotel if I'm ever in Mt Airy again. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Janet C
I would like to first thank you for staying at the Award Winning Hampton Inn in Mount Airy NC and for such an awesome review. It makes me proud to know that you had an enjoyable experience and would highly recommend us to other travelers. The staff and I take great pride in providing clean rooms, comfortable surroundings and friendly service with every stay. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you to the area. We love having you here!

Rock Hill SC, United States
Reviewed 23 May 2014

This very nice to stay. If you looking for a quite place to stay . Always be friendly place to stay with excellent clean rooms. Near all the eating places and small mall. This town has any kind eating place you think of. Has a indoor pool, that would be a big plus with kids.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Paul R
Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Mount Airy and for taking the time to let other travelers know about your most recent stay. The staff and I are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Airy
Hampton Inn & Suites Dobson
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 8 in Hillsville

Been to Hampton Inn Mount Airy? Share your experiences!