“Nice, Comfortable Hotel”

Hampton Inn Mount Airy
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Mount Airy
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 31 July 2014

From the friendly, helpful staff to the clean, comfortable room this is a really nice place for the weary traveler to stay. The expanded breakfast was a special ammenity. There was a good selection and the scrambled eggs were REAL, not powdered!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Roger M
Hampton I, General Manager at Hampton Inn Mount Airy, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2014

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Mount Airy NC and for letting other travelers know about your nice and comfortable stay with us. We strive to provide friendly service, clean and comfortable accommodations to all of our guest. I am very pleased that you enjoyed breakfast staying with us. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Every thing was perfect. The staff was the best. We would recommend the Hampton to everyone. The breakfast was awesome and you can have free coffee 24-7. Oh! do not forget to get your free cookies every evening.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Mount Airy NC and for taking the time to provide feedback from your most recent stay. We strive to provide great service and accommodations to each and every guest. We truly value your feedback. I will be sure to pass along your kind remarks to our staff during our next team huddle. We look forward to having you again in the near future.

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at this motel several times, because it is quiet and very nice.

This time we were in the recently built addition. It was beautifully furnished! The bed was so comfortable. It was also very quiet. This was by far the best night on our trip!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Debbie W
Hampton I, General Manager at Hampton Inn Mount Airy, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you for staying at the Award Winning Hampton Inn in Mount Airy NC and for the great review on Trip Advisor. I am so happy to know that the night you spent with us was by far the best night of your trip. It is our pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Hotel was clean and staff went out of their way to help. Guest room was quiet and spotless. Check-in and check-out was quick. Staff recommended several good restaurants and attractions. I would return to this hotel anytime my family was in the area.

1  Thank Karen P

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn in Mount Airy NC and for taking the time to let other travelers know about your stay. The staff and I strive to provide the best accommodations and service for our guest and from your review I can see we did just that. Thank you for being a valued guest and we look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you the area.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed here two weekend nights with my wife and mother-in-law. Hotel met the standard I have come to expect from Hampton Inns. They were booked solid, but we did not have any issues with breakfast or parking availability. I do wish Hilton had an easier way than making separate reservations to pay for part of a stay with points and part with cash.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Mount Airy NC and for providing feedback regarding your most recent stay. I am pleased that we met your expectations and that you had no issues with breakfast or parking considering we were sold out. We strive to provide the best service and accommodations for all of our guest to make traveling a little bit easier. I will be sure to pass along to the corporate office your feedback regarding paying with points and money so thank you again.

We are looking forward to having you again the next time your travels you bring you to the area.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Very clean and well run hotel. The rooms were very well appointed and spacious. The hotel was full the night we stayed and we did not hear any noise from any guests. We'd definitely stay here again if we're traveling through this area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephen B

Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn Mount Airy NC and for taking the time to provide us and other travelers with feedback regarding your most recent stay. Thank you for the 5 star review that you gave us on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to know that you were able to enjoy your stay even with us being sold out. We do strive to provide the best accommodations and service to all of our guest and from your review I can see we did just that. We look forward to seeing you in the near future when your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

After reading the positive reviews and being Hampton fans, we booked two rooms for a Saturday night in July. Planned to swim, see the Mayberry highlights in town, have a nice dinner, spend the night and leave after breakfast on our way home from the NC beach. Called enroute to hotel to request connecting rooms as we had two young grandchildren with us and didn't want them using the hallway to go between rooms. At 1:00, the desk clerk told me that could be arranged. We quickly checked in about 4:00 and went to dinner, not bothering to look at our rooms. We were told at check-in they were connected. When we returned from dinner we discovered they were NOT connected. By that time the hotel was completely full and no connecting rooms were available. Disappointing to be told one thing and be given another. The kids tried to swim in the pool but the water and air were too cold. Breakfast was not up to normal Hampton standards. Grumpy breakfast staff. When I asked if there was more fresh fruit, I was told they would get to it when they had time to cut it. Not the answer I expected. If you have a full house, be prepared.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Mount Airy NC and for providing feedback regarding your most recent stay. I am disappointed to know that you did not enjoy your stay with us. It seems as if we fell short in a few areas. I would like to apologize to you and your family for the inconveniences you guys experienced. I will be sure to look into the issues that you experienced with each department. Again, I apologize and hope that you will give us another chance to be your hotel of choice in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Airy
Hampton Inn & Suites Dobson
Quality Inn Hillsville
Quality Inn Hillsville
#7 of 8 in Hillsville

Been to Hampton Inn Mount Airy? Share your experiences!