“less than average”

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Mount Airy
Lexington, Kentucky
“less than average”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stopped here overnight because it was near my route during a move that allowed pets.
Was rushed through my check-in so fast I could hardly keep up with what the lady was telling me. She was speed-talking, I'm assuming because there was another person waiting behind me.
Room was large with king size bed, Although the place is a bit dated, the room was pretty clean with the exception of a used crusty wash cloth draped over the curtain rod. The Room was equipped with a fridge and microwave.
My AT&T cell service was nearly dead in this area and the hotel wi-fi was not working properly. I could connect to their wi-fi but it wouldn't assign my devices an IP address -hence no internet.. When confronting the front desk, I was told it must be my devices and advised to check them again basically blowing me off and stating they don't have any IT people on site. I explained I didn't have much cell either and she said I must have Verizon because everyone complains they can't get service here. I told her I had AT&T and that I'm barely getting a signal and now they can't get me wi-fi either.
Was told at check-in that there was always hot coffee available 24x7 but when checking in, the coffee was barely warm. I woke early a half hour before breakfast to get coffee and the coffee was about room temperature. I think it was the same coffee during my check-in.
A lady was preparing breakfast so I asked if she was brewing any coffee and got a cold response that there might be some in about 15 minutes. I decided to just walk to the circle K and get some fresh coffee which was likely going to be better anyway.
On the bright side, my wi-fi was suddenly working in the morning without me doing anything to my devices.
Card swipe took about 20 swipes before finally unlocking door in the morning.
Wasn't any people staying next door to me or above me so I can't speak of noise issues.
Overall, I was disappointed with the service but OK with the room and would likely consider other places if ever in this area again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Cherokee, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Have stayed at this location on several occasions with satisfactory results beyond our wishes.On one occasion, we had a bathroom light go out--within literally minutes, the friendly maintenance gentleman was there to assist and resolve our problem. The rooms have always been clean, freshly scented, and inviting. The staff is like family from the moment you check in --which is done immediately as you enter the front doors. The breakfast offered is quite ample and fresh--and the coffee is available 24 hrs. a day. This location deserves a 5 star rating with anyone. Please do check this location out on your next trip to the area. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: As this location sits back from main highway (#601)--all rooms are quiet
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wolf19752
Weeki Wachee, Florida
Reviewed 10 March 2014

During a recent snow storm, we opted to stop for the night.We made a online resv specifically for a pet friendly room as we were traveling with a small dog. The front desk person,Lisa placed us in a non pet room on the 2nd floor. We had our own pet supplies and wee pads so we did not fuss. The room was basic and things like the coffee pot were dusty. We awoke to bugs crawling on the walls and ceiling! There was snow on the ground, its cold and this place has bugs. As we went outside to walk our little dog, we were greeted by the police arresting people in the room below us. As we prepared to get out of there as fast as we could, the front desk called and asked us if we had a pet. I said we did as we had requested a pet room. She then informed me that there would be an extra charge of $25 added to our bill to clean our non pet room. Our dog slept in her crate and made no mess but I felt we had no choice than to tell them Okay. When I checked out, I informed the front desk of the bugs in our room. The front desk person laughed and said that was his problem as she pointed to some guy standing nearby. Overall, I say pass on this hotel, It was just gross.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lisa B
trvlonbiz123, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thanks for your time to post review. The couple you saw getting into the police car were not arrested, something happened to their car on interstate and police brought them to hotel and then they took them to rental car place. All the other issues has been corrected to provide excellent service for future guest.

Thanking again,
Maiden, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Booked this hotel for my kids volleyball tournament in Pilot Mountain on Jan.25th. When we booked the hotel, we were only going to stay Friday night. When we went to book the room on line, we saw they had an indoor heated pool advertised, so we decided to book Saturday night as well and make a mini vacation out of it. After our 1 1/2 hr. drive Friday night, we arrived at the hotel and the kids ran to the pool only to see it was out of order. I had immediately advised the clerk that we would be interested in checking out Saturday due to the pool being out of order. The clerk advised us that we would need to talk to the manager who would not be on premise until Saturday morning. 6:30 Saturday morning, I went downstairs to talk to the manager and tell him that we only booked Saturday because of the pool and since it was out of order there was no need to stay. We were interested in cancelling our Saturday night stay and receive a refund for Saturday night. The manager advised me that since we booked our reservations on line he could not refund us and if we booked directly with the hotel they maybe could of helped. I again said with the pool being broken, there was no need to stay and he said the best he could do was refund us $10.00 per night. We decided to check out that Saturday morning. I waited several days to write my review to see what my credit card was being charged and they had only taken off $20.00. So this scam artist hotel charge me $59.00 for a night I didn't even stay there. I do understand that things will break down but I felt they could of been a little more understanding. I guess they needed my $59.00 to fix their pool. The overall hotel was clean and staff very nice but unfortunately I will not stay at a choice hotel again it is unfortunate for them because we stay in their hotel chains quit frequently and will look at other hotel brands. And by the way if you do have a complaint and get choice hotels email and phone number they will not help in any way.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank John B
Thanks for your time to write review. It is possible that you made reservations through some third party website. We highly recommend to make reservation on our website so that you can get accurate information. Looks for Quality Inn logo when you make reservation. We have nice outdoor pool which is only open during summer. Even by looking at picture on our website you can see that we have outdoor pool and which is closed for winter month. It is very well possible that you might have posted this review at wrong hotel.
Central Florida, Florida
Reviewed 4 January 2014

The desk staff was extremely friendly and helpful in placing us in an accessible room that would also allow our dog. Room 130 had the most comfortable mattress on the king bed that I have ever found in a hotel. The room was very clean, the hotel easily accessed from the interstate, and was also close to several restaurants.

Room Tip: Be sure to let them know you are traveling with a pet.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JRPATTE
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

We stay here every time we visit Mt Airy and as always it was nice and clean. The hotel is close to everything, has a free continental breakfast which was good and staff was very pleasant. We will definitely stay here again on our next trip to Mt Airy!!!

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank alh2012
Scottsburg, IN
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Needed a nice place to stay after a long drive through the Carolina's. Mount Airy AKA Mayberry.
We found out this was Mayberry, RFD, quite by accident. Quality Inn was nice, breakfast left a little to be desired. donuts were stale, and no meat, bacon or ham, for the breakfast. Only sausage gravy. Oh well. Was a good night to sleep. Beds were comfortable.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
#1 of 2 in Pilot Mountain
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 8 in Hillsville

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!