“Can't beat the prices”

Ranked #7 of 104 Restaurants in Mount Airy
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

The food was very good. My wife had a cheeseburger and thought the meat was fresh not frozen. Bacon club was great. No credit or debit cards but they let you know upfront and an ATM is around the corner. Nice small town atmosphere.

2  Thank Tom S

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Good grill food at great prices. We often eat here for a quick lunch. Daily specials, usually homemade veggies and a meat like meatloaf or chicken and dumplings. The cakes and pies are really good. Very good prices.

1  Thank MillsMama
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We should have just went to Miss Angels Heavenly Pies first..but was told by a local they preferred the pies at Barney's so we got a chocolate and coconut pie. It was good but not wonderful. You can tell they are homemade though. Good in a pinch but I know I like the cakes at the other place mentioned but need to try their pies to be sure which is best.

2  Thank KimStephen
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Sit at the counter, look at the Mayberry pictures and posters, and enjoy a home cooked meal. It was very fun and the prices were 'small town', too. For six bucks, I got chicken pot pie, fried squash, sweet potato casserole and cornbread. My hubby got the Barny Burger and enjoyed that, too.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stopped at Barney's for lunch last Saturday on a whim, and especially enjoyed the atmosphere, with sketches of Barney and other Andy Griffith Show characters around. I was excited about the menu having breakfast food at lunch, but the western omelet I ordered was a little on the flat side. (It tasted okay, though.) I was disappointed that they'd run out of grits and bacon, though. My boyfriend enjoyed what he ordered, though I don't remember what it was! The restaurant doesn't take credit cards, but seems to doing a brisk business on a cash-only basis. There is an ATM near the cash register.

The service was fast and friendly.