“All Around Great Place To Stay”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Airy South
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Mount Airy
Willow Spring, North Carolina
“All Around Great Place To Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

My husband and I visiting Pilot Mountain stayed here instead of one of the B&B's right by the park. Though it is Pet friendly which is usually a turnoff for us. You couldn't tell it. It is also one of the newest hotels in the area which makes it great as well. I am very picky when it comes to a clean place since I run a cleaning service. But I give this hotel 4.75 stars. A couple small things caught my eye. Shower was a little dusty on the front ledge by the doors and the pool area had a few small things on the pebble surround which you wouldn't notice unless at eye level. But sheets and room were VERY clean. And the front desk ladies were great. Also food was very good at the breakfast bar.
We would absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SLOWifey
Trudy W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Airy South, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Thank you for the taking the time to let us know about your most current experience at our Holiday Inn Express & Suites located in Mount Airy, North Carolina. Our goal is to meet your needs from a clean comfortable room to friendly staff and I can see we did that.

Thanks for the wonderful recommendation.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Wilson, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

Front desk very friendly and breakfast the next morning was great. The main attraction was "Shirley" who ran the complimentary wine bar. She was entertaining, informative, and her enthusiasm for life was most impressive. I recently moved to North Carolina and my three high school girl friends came here to visit me. It was a great start to our NC travels.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dawn W
Trudy W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Airy South, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
I don’t know what to say but thank you for the wonderful words about our hotel. We take great pride in our hotel and staff and are strive to make everyone’s stay a pleasant one and I can see we met all those goals with you. I will pass on your comments to Shirley.

I am so happy to hear that you were able to enjoy the local wine selection we use during our Manager’s Reception Monday thru Thursday.
Pratt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

Absolutely a fantastic Holiday Inn Express, from check in to check out. Location is fantastic, close to eating establishments and filling stations. Our room (suite) was HUGE! We had a hot tub, 2 lovely chairs that faced a faux fireplace (loved the atmosphere) and a very comfortable king size bed. We have been on the road for 2 weeks and this was the best hotel we have stayed at in a long time. The beverage and snack reception was a nice touch.

Room Tip: Ask for a lower floor as the elevator can take awhile.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brittll
Trudy W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Airy South, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
I don’t know what to say but thank you for the wonderful words about our hotel. We take great pride in our hotel and staff and are strive to make everyone’s stay a pleasant one and I can see we met all those goals with you. From the sound of your comments you really enjoyed our feature suite that includes a hot tub and fireplace.

Boone, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

Had a great one night stay on November, 9, 2013. It is pet friendly and that makes it awesome for us. We responsible pet owners need a nice, normal hotel and this one delivered. Polite staff, clean rooms and a reasonable price. No complaints here!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Plus, dogs are welcome too! I am glad you liked the dog area. When you are in a different town and do not know the area, it is welcome to have a well-lit, safe area to walk your dog.

I hope to see you in the future if your travels take you back to the Mount Airy area.
Muskoka, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

What a great hotel! The employees were amazing; they were very friendly and knowledgeable. The front desk staff were great!
Our room was very clean with lovely décor. Our bed was very comfortable.
We loved our wine and cheese reception when we arrived; Shirley is a gem!
Thank You Mount Airy, North Carolina. From your friends to the North.
Muskoka, ON, Canada

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sharon P
Trudy W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Airy South, responded to this review, 20 October 2013

Orange Park, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

Great staff who were helpful. Wine and cheese reception Mon - Thursday. One of the better hot breakfasts on the circuit. Rooms large and well decorated and furnished. Refrigerator and A/C noisy. We spent 2 nights along with other family members in 2 more rooms. We all felt the hotel was a bargain. Many restaurants nearby.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for the taking the time to let us know about your most current experience at our Holiday Inn Express & Suites located in Mount Airy, North Carolina. Our goal is to meet your needs with a clean, comfortable room and friendly staff, and from your comments we achieve all our goals.

Hope to see you again if you travel takes you back to the Mount Airy area.
Smithfield, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

Phoned for a reservation and was informed that I couldn't get the military rate because these rooms were already booked. I was told by Janice at the front desk, that I could get an AARP or AAA discount, if I was a member of either of these organizations. It seems strange that these were available but the Military discount was unavailable. After asking questions I was informed that the AAA and AARP discounts were less than the Military discount. It became clear that we were being being gouged because there was a festival taking place this weekend in town. I needed a room so I booked the room at the AAA rate. Upon checkout, I was again duped by Janice. She had given me the AAA rate for one night but not for the three nights as was negotiated on the phone when I made the reservation.

This hotel was great until about a year ago and then things began to change. Notas customer friendly and not Military friendly. I have attempted to get the Military discount on several occasions this past year and it is never available, but amazingly the AAA or AARP discounts are always offered. If not going to honor the veterans discount, don't advertise it.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms are much quieter. The other floors are very loud and noisy.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Trudy W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Airy South, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Thank you for the taking the time to let us know about your most current experience at our Holiday Inn Express & Suites located in Mount Airy, North Carolina. Our goal is to meet your needs with a clean, comfortable room and friendly staff.

Hotel rooms are much like seats on an airplane; if you reserve early and many rooms are available, you will pay less; if you reserve closer to the time that the services are needed, and fewer rooms are available, you will pay more. Your stay happened to occur during a very busy weekend and our Government Rate was not available. Just like any other rate plan the Government rate is not always available for special events or weekends.

I am sorry that you felt like things have changed since your last stay. Our front desk staff has been the same for the past year with many excellent comments.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Airy
Quality Inn, Mount Airy
#6 of 8 in Mount Airy
Fairfield Inn & Suites Elkin Jonesville
Hampton Inn & Suites Dobson

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Airy South? Share your experiences!