“Busy weekend trip!”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Mount Airy
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Busy weekend trip!”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

After a 3hr tour of USC in Columbia SC and sitting in traffic in Charlette,NC for over an hour; we were unable to travel any further than Mt Airy. I called from my cell phone and made the reservations. We needed a pet friendly place since we were travelling with our pug puppies. The rooms were clean and everyone fell fast asleep. The only problem was the man did not mention "pet fees" and I did ask about it since we had travelled before with our dog. We also told the ladies at the front desk that they were puppies and would be crated during the night. We were billed for 2 dogs when I thought she said we would be billed for 1 since they were pups.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Trudy W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Airy South, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I am sorry that our front desk agent did not give you the full details regarding our pet policy while you were making your reservations. Pet fees are common at all hotels, each hotel sets their policies and we do review other hotels policies before we had set ours. We allow up to two pets in a room with the charge per pet. I am sorry for the misunderstand and I do hope you enjoyed your stay while you were in Mount Airy.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Mason, Ohio
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We arrived late in the evening and Janice checked us in. She was very pleasant and helpful. The building appeared to be fairly new and was very clean as was our room. The breakfast had choices of pancakes, biscuits, eggs, bacon or sausage, various types of bread, oatmeal, coffee, tea, juice and milk. I might add the milk was ice cold as I like it. What a great experience we had. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Trudy W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Airy South, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Thank you for wonderful comments you posted regarding our Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Mount Airy, North Carolina. We take pride in our hotel and staff, and I am glad we met your expectations. Our staff at Mount Airy is one of the friendliest you will find. I can see that we achieve our goals.

I am happy that you enjoyed the breakfast. We strive to make our breakfast a great start of the day for our guests.

Hope to see you back soon if you are traveling through the area.
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Had chosen this hotel based on rave reviews on petfriendly hotels.com. The reviews were right! From the approach to the hotel, to the check-in, breakfast and stay, it was a pleasant experience. Front desk staff and manager were super friendly. Only disappointment was the $25 per day fee for our dog. Seems steep.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Trudy W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Airy South, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you for reviewing other comments that were posted regarding our Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Mount Airy, North Carolina before you booked your room. We take pride in our hotel and staff, and I am glad we met your expectations.
Warren, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Another beautiful Holiday Inn Express. We felt so welcomed at the front desk after driving for 12 hours. Everything was spotlessly clean and comfortable. Great breakfast in the morning. The hotel is about 10 miles from I-77, but it is worth it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We got routed off the interstate due to black ice 2/13/14 sitting in traffice 2 1/2 hrs. We called all the hotels in this area and this hotel was the only one that answered the phone. I ask if any rooms were avaiable and the lady was very nice with a smile in her voice said they had 3 rooms left. we finally got there and found a line of people waiting to check in and the same lady checking people in and answering the phone. I know it must have been stressful but she handeled it so well. She greeted everyone like they were the only ones there. She smiled and was very helpful to the people in front of me even talking to their child as she was getting their information..When I told her I didn't have a reward card she signed me up and said she would put the info under our door in the morning so I could get reward points and she did!.... I had never seen a desk clerk handle herself with so much grace and kindness during a stressfull time. She was amazing!! Our room and hotel was very clean. Breakfast was good with lots of choices. If I were to visit Mt. Airy again I would stay no where else but here.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AlvinB561
Trudy W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Airy South, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Thank you for the taking the time to let us know about your most current experience at our Holiday Inn Express & Suites located in Mount Airy, North Carolina. Our goal is to meet your needs from a clean comfortable room to friendly staff and I can see we did that.
I will pass on your comments to our staff and thanks for the wonderful recommendation.
Seneca, South Carolina
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Although the staff members were polite overall our stay was simply 'okay.' There was hair in the shower of our room which raised concerns about cleanliness. The bananas at breakfast had gone bad with black areas all over. Also, half and half provided in a container to pour in coffee had a sour smell. While not terrible, this particular holiday inn express did not live up to the great experiences we have had at other holiday inn express locations.

• Stayed February 2014
Trudy W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Airy South, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry about the cleanliness of your bathroom and the conditions about the bananas and creamer. I understand the discomfort this caused you. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel. We will address these points. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to ensure complete guest satisfaction. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.
North Olmsted
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We randomly chose this hotel and we're very pleasantly surprised - it was a wonderful place to stay! Staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were exceptionally clean and tasteful. In the evening there was a reception in the common room with free wine or beer with a delightful woman who was the hospitality hostess. She gave us a little history of the area and was just fun to talk to. Overall it was a great experience and we will come back. Only reason we don't give it 5 stars is the lack of an on-site restaurant.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wildlifemama
Trudy W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Airy South, responded to this review, 21 February 2014

Hope to see you back soon and thanks for the recommendation for future reviewers reading the review you posted.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Airy
Hampton Inn & Suites Dobson
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#1 of 2 in Pilot Mountain

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Airy South? Share your experiences!