“Great Food”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Mount Airy, North Carolina
“Great Food”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Went here during the Car Show. It was very busy, but yet the staff still manged to wait on us and to keep us in drinks. The food was wonderful, just a little high. I will be going back!!

Visited October 2012

“Where the locals go to eat”
Reviewed 19 April 2013 via mobile

Had the German beer, Franziskaner, and polish sausage with saurkraut and German potato salad. Food was good.

• Visited April 2013
Southern Pines, North Carolina
“A Mixed Bag”
Reviewed 9 March 2013

There are a lot of things I like about Pandowdy's, but there's just enough that I dislike to prevent me from giving it stellar reviews.

I have always enjoyed every mean I have eaten there; however, I have also left still hungry. On one occassion, I decided to go ahead and put an end to my hunger pangs by ordering dessert, but could not get the attention of my waitress to place an order. We waited and waited and tried to flag her down, but she just would not come over.

They have a variety of beers, which is great for a small town. In fact, they have my favorite beer that is impossible to find at any of the local stores. However, much like my previous comment, getting an additional beer is often difficult due to the poor service.

I suppose, the best lesson to learn is that once she drops the check on the table, your dining experience is over, whether you like it or not.

The restaurant is quite cozy, but if you go when it is busy, don't expect to get a seat anytime soon because it is quite small.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank turtledovelove
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
“Mt. Airy's version of the bar in Cheers”
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Although we no longer live in Mt. Airy, we love going back to Pandowdy's whenever we're in town. Good food. Great beer selection. ACC basketball. Great conversation with fellow patrons.

Visited February 2013
Gainesville, Florida
“Great steak, great service, great prices!”
Reviewed 27 October 2012

While in Mount Airy for "Mayberry Days" we discovered Pandowdy's while looking for a restaurant for dinner with friends. My steak was incredibly delicious, very tender and very tasty. We can only imagine that the lunch fare is of an equally excellent level, so if in Mount Airy, skip the tasteless pork chop sandwich at Snappy and take a very short walk to Pandowdy's for some good food.

Visited September 2012