“Delicious food and great service”
Review of Thailand Cafe

Thailand Cafe
Ranked #12 of 103 Restaurants in Mount Airy
Cuisines: Thai
Galax, Virginia
“Delicious food and great service”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

My husband and I enjoyed a late Sunday lunch here and were very happy with the outstanding menu, flavorful entrees, and prompt service.

The fresh basil rolls were wonderful and served with a sweet and dark peanut sauce -- an appetizer I wouldn't hesitate to repeat.

I sampled the Tom Yum soup and my husband tried the Tom Kha soup. Both were delicious and filled with generous portions of fresh vegetables.

We should have/could have stopped eating at that point because the portions were generous and filling, but we also tried the Prik Paow Cashew (vegetarian) and the yellow curry (vegetarian). I finished every drop of the curry, despite being full and my husband devoured his his stir fry in record time.

The food was authentic and flavorful and I will be returning soon.

WARNING: the restaurant is NOT open for lunch on Saturday

Visited March 2014

“The best in town! ”
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

The most amazing food and service! And an added plus they give back to the community by supporting the Austim Society of surry co. This place needs to be #1 on here!

Charlotte
“Delicious food, Good Value and service”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Mount Airy is not a huge city but for it's size, it has a great Thai restaurant in Thai Cafe. Located somewhat hidden in a strip shopping center, it is not a huge restaurant but big enough. Excellent Thai menu with local wines plus others. Had Pad Thai with shrimp which was served hot letting me know it had not been sitting and waiting to be delivered to the table. Server was efficient and willing to tailor the menu to meet the customer's wishes. If you wanted a certain dish but wanted one or two things deleted or added, it was easily done. Coconut soup was delicious; Spring Rolls were light. Shrimp in my dish were cooked to perfection, not cooked so much that they were tough like some other restaurants seem to always do. Employees were friendly and gracious. Prices were very reasonable and portions were plentiful. Genuine Thai if that is what you are looking for......and it is delicious

• Visited March 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
“Authentic Thai in Mt. Airy”
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Outstanding. This place would contend in any market. Delicate creative flavors and consistently well-prepared. The veggie rolls in rice wrappers are the best we've had. Chicken in garlic sauce was amazing.

Kernersville, North Carolina
“Great Thai Almighty!”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

My wife and I ate at Thailand Cafe while celebrating a late Valentines day and it was great! I am not overly crazy about Thai food but I would return here without a 2nd thought...it was THAT good!!!

Visited February 2014