“A very pleasant surprise”
Review of Thailand Cafe

Thailand Cafe
Ranked #11 of 104 Restaurants in Mount Airy
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We decided to retry Thailand Cafe tonight, after seeing all the excellent reviews here. We'd eaten there a few years ago and it was okay but nothing I was crazy about but this time I must say I was impressed. The restaurant is small and in the corner in a strip mall, easy to miss if you aren't looking for it but in a past life, the place was a favorite Chinese buffet. The interior is decorated nicely, the waitresses were nice and attentive and the food was a delight. I had Sesame Chicken and hubby had Red Curry. My food was tasty and fresh as was his. He also said the spicy hot was truly hot! We will definitely go there again. I want to try some more dishes!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

This restaurant was suggested by the Sobotta Manor innkeepers. What a find! Excellent service. Delicious food. Relaxed atmosphere.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Authentic and delicious food. Orders are cooked to your specification. Prices are reasonable and portions are large.

1  Thank Renee P
Reviewed 30 March 2014

My husband and I enjoyed a late Sunday lunch here and were very happy with the outstanding menu, flavorful entrees, and prompt service.

The fresh basil rolls were wonderful and served with a sweet and dark peanut sauce -- an appetizer I wouldn't hesitate to repeat.

I sampled the Tom Yum soup and my husband tried the Tom Kha soup. Both were delicious and filled with generous portions of fresh vegetables.

We should have/could have stopped eating at that point because the portions were generous and filling, but we also tried the Prik Paow Cashew (vegetarian) and the yellow curry (vegetarian). I finished every drop of the curry, despite being full and my husband devoured his his stir fry in record time.

The food was authentic and flavorful and I will be returning soon.

WARNING: the restaurant is NOT open for lunch on Saturday

Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

The most amazing food and service! And an added plus they give back to the community by supporting the Austim Society of surry co. This place needs to be #1 on here!