“Almost overwhelming selection”

Miss Angels Heavenly Pies
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Mount Airy
Description: we are mount airy, north carolina's best kept secret in the south.....we do pie art, gourmet cakes for all occasions, cookies as big as your face, fruit danish and turnovers from our orchard, fresh breads and rolls daily, and the best pies in the state....we have been on tv july of 2013 for AMC Showville as a contestant, we were the ANA Agritourism guest speakers 2013, and were featured in Bake Magazine 2013. and just featured in the July 2016 issue of Our State Magazine
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This place has at least 20 flavors of pies, a dozen kinds of cakes and another dozen kinds of brownies, plus cookies, cannoli, tiramisu, and more. There was so much to look at and so much to choose from that I was convinced that the quality of the product could not possibly be good. I was wrong. I purchased a small blueberry pie and it was quite good. The crust, both top and bottom, was light and flaky and the filling was tasty and not overly sweet. I will go back.

AngelaNolfo, Manager at Miss Angels Heavenly Pies, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

so glad you enjoyed your pie....maybe you can come eat one next july 4th at our annual pie eating contest for charity

There are newer reviews for Miss Angels Heavenly Pies

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Our neighbors love this place so we gave it a try. The small banana pudding had an unusual kind of consistency and tasted great going down but alas there was an unpleasing after taste after consuming. Probably best to stick with an old southern church member who has mastered the double broiler for this type of dish. The small coconut pie had a slightly thick and wet crust and the pie tasted like the mixture of odors found in the refrigerator - both dishes were tossed after a few bites. The gentleman selling the goods was very nice and hospitable, I just wish my experience was a positive one. Currently I would rather just stop at the grocery store and pickup an Edwards, or Sara Lee dessert.

It would also behoove these folks to do a better job at controlling the flies in the store....kind of unappetizing.

4  Thank Conservative62
AngelaNolfo, Manager at Miss Angels Heavenly Pies, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2014

sorry your food critique was not so happy with our product.......we make everything from scratch every morning and that bite size banana pudding (2.50) was one we are famous for.....if you would have gotten a larger one there would have been alot more bananas....as for comparing us to sara lee, sorry we make fresh and ship every day their items are frozen and kept in a freezer for months. If you were so dissatisfied, because we understand everyones tastes buds are different you could have asked for a refund......wishing you happier baking experiences.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I could not wait to try this little piece of heaven out , when I saw all the cakes, the looked heavenely.......I tried the Raspberry turnover and was very disappointed, Crust was think and very dry, nothing special. I wish I would have gone with one of the cakes to try

2  Thank RSemonco
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I had ate earlier so I bought peach muffins to take home. So happy I did. They were great. The smell of the bakery was incredible. The service was great.

1  Thank LeeL003

so glad you enjoyed the peach muffins, we bake them in season with our farm fresh peaches inside......apples are next

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Service was excellent and very friendly. We had two different kinds of brownies and both were good. Lots of choices here, I would return if back in the area.