“Good local place to eat”

Olympia Family Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 104 Restaurants in Mount Airy
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We ate breakfast on the last day in the area. Good home cooking. The place was clean, lots of locals were eating there, which tells me it must be a good place. Service was very friendly.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

This restaurant is the place to meet friends and family for a quick bite or to stay awhile. Just about everything is good. The service is the best!!

Reviewed 29 May 2013

We had breakfast at this restaurant. The service was good. Our breakfast was not hot. It was tasty; but there is nothing worst than luke warm food. Our bacon was cold. I am not saying not to try this place; just let them know you want you food hot.

We will try again; but will stress that we would like our food very hot.

1  Thank bklyngirl293
Reviewed 1 April 2013

I love Olympia. The prices are great, the food is delicious, and the service is phenomenal! This is definitely the spot to pop in when you are both hungry and not in the mood to wait 20 minutes for your meal.

Reviewed 16 January 2013

This place seems to be busy every time we go by so we decided to give it a try. I had an open faced turkey sandwich and husband had the Souvlaki. I was disappointed to see that the turkey was lunchmeat and the gravy was a very odd brown gravy with mystery meat. Had to send my dish back because it was cold. That is always disappointing as we waited quite a while to be served cold food- that's the server of course. Also disappointing is that the so-called Souvlaki was not served with tzatziki. In fact for a restaurant named Olympia, they did not have any Greek food except for the fake Souvlaki.

Another issue for me is that they only accept cash. I only use credit cards(to get cash back, security, etc) and was lucky enough to have had a $20.

2  Thank Livewiretrading