“Good eating” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Virginia
“Good eating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Wet try to stop here when in town. The Sicilian Pizza is great. The portions are large and very affordable on the rest of the menu too. It's a family place and the people are friendly and easy going. If you want a pizza,calzones, Stromboli, or anything like that, this is the place to go.

• Visited July 2014

Mount Airy, North Carolina
“Not bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

We visit this local restaurant probably once a month. There is nothing fancy about it, which can be a good thing if you're visiting with kids, as we usually are. It's a very casual place.

We love that they sell pizza by the slice. That's a great option for kids that may only eat one slice of pizza. The best thing on the menu is the cheese steak sandwich. You can't go wrong with it. It'll be served piping hot, oozing with melted cheese on a really nice hoagie roll. We're really not a huge fan of the pastas. The marinara is quite bland. Truly, I've had better sauces from a jar. We tend to stick with pizza or sandwiches. Another stand out item is the bruschetta. When tomatoes are in season, it's delicious and you could make a meal of this appetizer.

Service is typically pretty good. I would recommend Coppola's for lunch or a very casual dinner out with the kids.

• Visited April 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
“Delicious pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Most importantly, this pizza has strong fundamentals: flavorful crust, high quality cheese and unique sauce. All of the toppings we tried were keepers. The olives were fresh, not metallic tasting. The pepperoni was excellent and crispy. The onions and peppers, both fresh. Friendly service even when crowded.

Salem, Virginia
“Good food, dated decor/tables”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

Me and my boyfriend decided to try this place for something different than our usual restaurant when we go to Mount Airy.

As this was our first time eating here I'm not sure if it's usual to have to seat yourself, I imagine not when they are busy but they had a sign saying to do so. When looking for a table we noticed even ones that hadn't been used recently didn't look the cleanest and most tables had that 'dried water look' on their surfaces, not sure if that's just because of the material the table was made out of or what. Some booths also had rips in the seating. The floor was carpeted and had many stains on it throughout the place, could definitely use a good shampooing. There is a lot of wood paneling on the walls and other decor in the restaurant and that definitely had an aged look to it with scratches and such. The decor kind of made me a little iffy about the place but I decided we would go ahead and stick it out.

Well for my food choice I had a salad & calzone for my meal, the salad was average but nothing to complain about. Everything about the calzone was really good though, the fillings, and bread were fantastic. I wasn't too crazy about the sauce to dip with, I didn't think it was anything special but it may also be because I have had better sauce with calzones before and I was expecting better as far as that goes.

I would probably eat here again since the food was good but it probably won't be any time soon.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Pilot Mountain, North Carolina
“Excellent food and very clean restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

I have tried numerous items on the menu and have never been disappointed with anything I have ordered. Try the garlic knots they are yummy!

Visited August 2013