“Wonderful B & B in a quiet peaceful setting”

Sobotta Manor Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 6 Mount Airy B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We called around 7pm to see if a room might be available and were able to secure the best room for the night (due to a last minute cancellation). Robin, the owner, graciously greeted us and made us feel at home and welcome immediately. Being in the heart of Mt. Airy gave us the opportunity to park the car and walk downtown to enjoy all the stores and restaurants. Our room was inviting and it was one of the best nights sleep I have had in a long time. Breakfast was to die for (quiche with ham and collard greens), how Southern and delicious. Mt. Airy truly is a throw back to the old days of Mayberry RFD. We enjoyed all there was to offer. Will be back to enjoy what Mt. Airy has to offer and plan to stay at the Sobotta B & B again. Wonderful old home steeped in history with beautiful gardens and most accommodating host.

1  Thank tmgf

Reviewed 24 July 2013

We had a wonderful stay at the Sobotta. The home was gorgeous,beautifully furnished and our room was beautiful. The owner was most accommodating, even though the air conditioning went out that day. She had a solution. The food was amazing. We would definitely go back there again and recommending to others . 5 stars all the way around

1  Thank Sharon622
Reviewed 19 July 2013

A few hundred feet up the street from this lovely B&B is the Andy Griffith Museum, a fitting place since he grew up here in Mt. Airy. There are many references in his old Mayberry shows to Mt. Airy and I guess going to Mt. Airy is like going back in time to those Mayberry days. The same is true when you walk into the Sobotta Manor B&B. You go back in time - the house itself and its stories and architecture. A delicious breakfast - and more stories! We slept well even though our room faced the street - they tend to roll up the sidewalks early. The local restaurants and the ones out on the highway were very good, but the breakfast at Sobotta was memorable. Highly recommend you spend your money at the B&B rather than a plain 4-wall hotel!!

Reviewed 16 July 2013

We were held up by traffic on the interstate and before I could call to let them know that we would be late, I received a cell phone call from the owner confirming our arrival.
When we arrived, Robin rushed out to the car to help schlep in our bags - curb service.
The next morning we had a wonderful berry-based breakfast.
The only parking is on the street, which we knew from the web site, but there is no problem with parking availability.
The wireless internet connection was intermittent, but we had been advised that the router was recently replaced, so I suspect that that it was service-provider problem since the wireless signal strength was high.
I would recommend this bed and breakfast if you are planning to stay in the Mt. Airy area.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

This was our first Bed and Breakfast ever! The Sobotta Manor was more then what we expected! The Hampton up the street was booked, when we drove by this beautiful B&B. From the minute we walked in the door I felt like I went back in time. Ms. Robin made us feel completely like we were family coming to visit. The room was beautiful and perfect for my husband, my son and I. Breakfast was perfection! Zuccini and Squash Quiche, Pinapple Bake, and cut up sweet tomatoes on our plates. Ms. Robin even made a special order for my 11 year old, yummy, French Toast, I took a taste and my son devoured it all! It definitely has changed our life as far as where we may stay when traveling. Thank Ms. Robin, we will be back!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2013

The Sobotta Manor is absolutely a gem, decorated elegantly, and still comfortable and cozy. My husband and I have stayed in many B&B's and I can assure you, this one will not disappoint you in any way. The house itself is a masterpiece of beautiful architecture, exquisite staircase, and such lovely furnishings. The bed in Room 4, the burgandy room, provided the best nights sleep. So comfortable, we even asked Robin about the matteras and she told us everyone inquires about that matteras. Robin ia a delightful innkeeper. She makes you feel so welcome, takes the time to sit and chat and provides exceptional service. She serves the most elegant breakfast in the formal dining room. The presentation and the food are over the top! Be sure to peek in the kitchen and see the red oven. Mount Airy is truly a place you will enjoy visiting. Be sure to take the Squad Car Tour and be sure to stay at this B&B. We will definately be back. We pray, Robin, that Jr will be there to greet us at the door, healed and healthy. :)

Room Tip: Room 4 is a huge upstairs room and has the most comfortable bed and a wonderful shower. There are no...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
MaireGirl, Owner at Sobotta Manor Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

Barbara,
Thank you for the wonderful review and just an update, Junior is amazing and his health is good too! I loved meeting you and please continue to keep us in your prayers, he is listening!
Robin

Reviewed 8 July 2013

After working all day then driving in the rain needless to say when we arrived it was great to be greeted by Robin. In the process of leaving home I forgot to bring a sleeping bag along for my son who decided at the last minute he wanted to go too. Robin was great and made a bed up for him on the floor which was even better than a sleeping bag. The room was clean and the bed was amazing...I believe it was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on including mine at home. The breakfast the next morning was fabulous!! Can't say enough about my experience there. Would definitely recommend!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#6 of 8 in Mount Airy
A Mighty Oak Bed & Breakfast

Been to Sobotta Manor Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!