“Wonderful place to vacation”

Sobotta Manor Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 6 Mount Airy B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Provo, Utah, United States
“Wonderful place to vacation”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

My husband and I stayed three nights at the Sobotta Manor this August 2013. The place is not only clean and comfortable, but beautiful as well. The house is like something in a magazine,and there are lovely gardens in back that would be wonderful for a reception or such. Robin, the owner, went out of her way to make sure we were comfortable. She served a wonderful, formal breakfast--always different but delicious--every morning at 9:00. She also will provide for any special diet requirements you might have and is most anxious to please in every way. She has considerable knowledge of the most interesting history of the place and is very willing to share her knowledge with any who might be interested. We found the stay delightful, and we also enjoyed meeting and visiting with the other guests at breakfast.. I highly recommend Sobotta Manor for any who want not only a great place to stay but a great memory as well.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We had a wonderful stay in the Sobotta Manor ..The room was clean and so very comfortable. Breakfast was amazing and the History of the Sobotta house was nice. Nice modern conviences. Would absolutely stay again!!

Jack Jones

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Sheldon, Iowa, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2013

My husband and I stayed five nights in this wonderful home. Every room was perfectly done and clean belief. We enjoyed gourmet breakfasts every morning and the coffee served was amazing with hints of cinnamon. Robin, the owner, spoiled us from beginning to end. We always travel by SUV but pull a trailer with motorcycles. On the first morning out, one of them had a dead battery. Robin was quick to get her car out, ask the neighbor for jumper cables, and we were off. The next day we came back from a long motorcycle ride in the mountains, drenched from torrential rains, and she offered to order and pick up supper. I sent her off with cash, telling her to keep the change. But she asked for nothing when offering to do this. I have commented to several people since coming home that Sobotta should be on everyone's bucket list. If we ever end up in that part of the world again, we will stay there again.

Room Tip: I was able to peek into all the rooms when we got there as we were the first to arrive that day. Eac...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
MaireGirl, Owner at Sobotta Manor Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Thanks for your sweet words! I am glad I was able to help you, but you were the trooper, what a week of weather. I really hope you will pass this way again you will stop buy and see me again. Ride safe!
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Thanks to my wife Barbara and friends Jan and Rich, I had a great birthday at the Sobotta Manor.
This B&B is the best we have ever stayed at. Our hostess Robin is incredible and a great cook.
I would recommend the Sobotta Manor to all who are looking for exceptional hospitality and outstanding food. We will go back the first chance we get.

Mt. Airy is one of the friendliest towns we have ever been in.

Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 August 2013

My wife and I spent a wonderful weekend away at Sobotta Manor in Mt. Airy this past May. The house was charming. The room was spacious, clean, comfortable and accommodating. Robin was very welcoming and did a great job taking care of us throughout our two night stay. The property was nice to spend time at indoors and outdoors. The town of Mt. Airy was quaint and we enjoyed our hike at Pilot Mountain State Park. Robin gave us good restaurant recommendations. Given its proximity to our home in the Triangle area Mt. Airy was a nice alternative to driving further west to the mountains. We would highly recommend Sobotta Manor!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Summerville, South Carolina
Reviewed 4 August 2013

House was beautiful, food was excellent and Robin was great. Had a terrific stay and enjoyed the area. Definitely plan on a return trip in the future. I would highly recommend anyone visiting to stay there.

George Lockwood

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin
Reviewed 3 August 2013

We arrived very late in a hard rainstorm. Robin was unflappable! She prepared a late dinner for us and arranged to dry our waterlogged clothes. Sobotta Manor's decor and furnishings are wonderful but our bedroom was fantastic! Breakfast was delightful and Robin regaled us with a few great personal stories which made us feel as if we were at home. Sobotta Manor will definitely be a revisit.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
MaireGirl, Owner at Sobotta Manor Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 26 January 2014
You guys had a long day and I was only trying to make your evening stress free. I always try to treat my guest as I would like to be treated. I'm glad I had the making's for a salad and that I could brighten your night. Thank you for taking you time to write these sweet words!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Airy
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#6 of 8 in Mount Airy
Hampton Inn & Suites Dobson

Been to Sobotta Manor Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!