“Loved every detail of the Sobotta Manor”

Sobotta Manor Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 6 Mount Airy B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Mooresville, NC
“Loved every detail of the Sobotta Manor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2008

My husband and I enjoyed two wonderful days at Sobotta Manor. Inside and out, the home and yard are beautiful, elegant, clean, and relaxing. There are no words to adequately describe the exquisite three course gourmet breakfasts. We enjoyed our short stroll to downtown Mt Airy, and visiting in the shops with the friendly "Mayberry" folks. We were able to visit wineries in the area with ease, chauffeured by our host. On a scale of one to five, the hosts of Sobotta deserve a 10! Their attention to every detail made our stay most memorable. Clayton and Cher also welcomed and entertained us.

• Liked — Clean elegance with exquisite food.
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Moore,SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2008

We had a wonderful stay at the Sobotta Manor. The rooms and grounds were immaculate. The breakfast was fantastic. The inn keepers made you feel right at home. It was a truly relaxing and enjoyable experience.

• Liked — The room,the gardens, the breakfast and the inn keepers
  • Disliked — Nothing
PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2008

My wife and I had a great stay at this B&B. The location is quaint and Mt. Airy is a cute little town. Robin is a wonderful host and even better chef. We would highly recommend a stay here.

Spartanburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2008

I was looking for a special way to suprise my wife for our 34th wedding anniversary and I found the Sobatto Manor. Since my wife loves the Andy Griffith Show, this made my chose easy. After seeing the house on line, I knew it would be perfect for my surprise. Robin made everything even easier. She made dinner reservations for us at a great resturant. The town is great.
My wife really enjoyed seeing all the sights of Mt. Airy. But the best part was staying at the Sobotta Manor. If you are ever in the area, please stay there. You'll love the way each room has it's own character. Robin's attention to detail really shows her love for the house and what she does to make each guest feel special. I'd give the Sobotta Manor 5 Stars""!!!! Thanks for a great time. Roy and Carolyn from Spartanburg ,South Carolina

• Liked — the beautiful rooms and great food
  • Disliked — nothing- everything was great
north carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2008

My husband and I enjoyed a beautful and relaxing weekend at Sobotta Manor. The Innkeepers are wonderful, entertaining and down to earth people. The home is lovely, warm and welcoming. Breakfast each morning was delicious and served as though you are in a five star hotel. The innkeepers shared some history of the home which was quite interesting. They also provided information concerning the town and surrounding area and were happy to make reservations and give directions to all of the restuarants and points of interest in Mt. Airy. I would highly recommend the Sobotta Manor to those planning a trip to the area.

Stayed June 2008
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2008

We just returned from our second stay at the Sobotta Manor and we have become even bigger fans. We stayed in the room overlooking the gorgeous gardens. The bedding and linens are so plush we had the best nights rest. Robin is charming and so knowledgeable about many things. The Hesters have created a luxurious get-away spot. The food is a whole other matter - Robin is a genius in the kitchen and serves the most elegant breakfast imaginable. We enjoyed every crumb!!

• Liked — the food
Charlotte NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2008

June 3, 2008
My husband and I just returned from a trip to the wine country and stayed in the Sobotta Manor in Mt. Airy. I cannot speak highly enough of Robin and JR. The hospitality was wonderful and they were full of helpful information, including a tip about lunch at one of the wineries. The breakfasts were gourmet all the way--food and presentation. The house was lovely and the gardens beautiful. We stayed in Room 1 which is on the front and were amazed at how quiet it was.
A nice bonus was meeting Clayton and Cher, the two "fur children".
I would definitely return and highly recommend it to anyone who wants a lovely, pampered stay.

• Liked — Robin and JR and the food.
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
BEST WESTERN Bryson Inn
BEST WESTERN Bryson Inn
#2 of 8 in Mount Airy
Hampton Inn & Suites Dobson

Been to Sobotta Manor Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!