“Wonderful B&B 21 Sep 2013”

Sobotta Manor Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 6 Mount Airy B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 25 September 2013

This was a one night stay for my wife and I on our trip to our NC Cabin. J R and Robin were excellent hosts, and their Sobotta Manor is very well kept. Robin's breakfast the next morning was to die for. We highly recommend this B&B.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Sobotta Manor B & B was recommended to us by friends who had stayed there. It surpassed all our expectations. The room was lovely and the bed very comfortable. Our hosts, JR and Robin, were very warm and welcoming. The breakfast that Robin prepared was delicious and the table was elegantly appointed. We appreciated that Robin accommodated my husband's dietary needs also with an excellent meal. We really enjoyed our stay and recommend the Sobotta Manor to anyone visiting Mount Airy.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
MaireGirl, Owner at Sobotta Manor Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

Jean,
Whenever someone says that we surpassed their expectations, our job is done and we are all smiles. :) :) Thank you!

Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed only one night while driving the Blue Ridge Parkway. The room was lovely. The Inn was very quaint. We had a nice breakfast. Our hostess was wonderful. Would recommend this inn for anyone staying in Mt. Airy.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 15 September 2013

My husband and I spent Labor Day Weekend at Sobotta Manor. The manor is beautifully appointed and each room is exquisitely decorated with lovely antiques. Our room was elegant, spacious and comfortable. The English gardens at the back of the manor are lovely. Robin our wonderful host prepared breakfast each morning, which was amazing. She went above and beyond to make sure each guest had a wonderful experience. My husband and I enjoy B&B's and this is one of the best. We will definitely return on our next trip to Mt. Airy.
Matt and Mary – Williamsburg, Va

2  Thank Mary M

Matt and Mary,
The two of you are the reason that I am an Innkeeper. If ever I have a off day, I just think of you and know what amazing people that owning the B&B has allowed me to meet and I a truly grateful. Please do come back and see me again!! Thank you for your unbelievable kindness!
Robin

Reviewed 10 September 2013

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at the Sobatta Manor for a couple of nights and we were so pleased with the complete experience. The home was warm and welcoming, the garden tranquil and fragrant, the breakfast tasty and plentiful,and the bed soft and inviting. Our hostess,Robin ,truly made the experience one to remember. I felt like I was staying with a good friend, not someone I just met. While we had made the trip because it is the homeplace of Andy Griffith,I will come back just to stay at the Sobotta. It is that good! Robin gave us many ideas of things to do,places to eat at and even scheduled a massage for me . Zack does a fabulous job so be sure to have one of those as well. My husband and I both agree that this is the best B&B and we will be back.

Room Tip: The garden at Sobotta Manor is beautiful and would make a great spot for a picnic or just to sit and...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2013

This is the best place ever! I travel to North Carolina on a weekly basis for my work. Before I found the Sobotta Manor, my life was out of a suitcase from hotel to hotel. Now when I leave Virginia on a business trip, I feel like I'm coming to my second home. I fell in love with Robin, the Bed and Breakfast, and Mt. Airy. The Sobotta Manor Bed and Breakfast is a fabulous place to stay if you're traveling for work or play!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Debra B
MaireGirl, Owner at Sobotta Manor Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2014

Debra, You will never know how much we appreciate the business that you have given us in the past year, but more important is the love and friendship that you and Sachet have given to us. We hope that you don't have to work forever, but until we want to be your home away from home!

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Lovely B&B. We couldn't have asked for a more comfortable place to stay or a better hostess. The home is amazing and Robin was wonderful. If we ever visit Roanoke again, we will definitely be staying at the Sobota Manor B&B.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple