“Great Stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Kernersville, North Carolina
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Wife and I spent the weekend of 2/28 at the Sobotta celebrating a late Valentine getaway. The property was very clean and located in an excellent location convenient to historic downtown. The inn keeper was very friendly and was a great concierge. Thanks for a great weekend!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Timberlake, North Carolina
Reviewed 12 February 2014

The manor was absolutely beautiful, very clean and comfortable!! Robin and Junior made us feel welcome from the minute we entered the front door!! The breakfast was also delicious!! We will go back!!!

• Stayed February 2014
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 25 January 2014

When my husband told me we were going to Mt. Airy to spend a week, I pouted. I had to look the town up on Google and dreaded going. I am very demanding and was already nagging on the way there. Yet, once there, my husband surprised me by lodging us at the Sobotta Manor B&B and it was so beautiful that couldn’t help but smile. The rooms are like those if a 5 star hotel, the entire place is impeccable! The owners (Robin and Jr.) were the nicest and most generous hosts ever. They made us feel at home immediately. By then my husband bragging about how he knew I would love it. Then, what I thought would be a problem was the food, as the Sobotta Manor cooks all its food from scratch and presents it at the level of a Michelin Chef, I was eating left and right everything, even when I wasn’t hungry and I started to worry about gaining weight but wasn’t about to pass on everything served ….luckily for me, everything that is fun, interesting and nice is within walking distance from the Sobotta Manor ; you name it, it’s there: wineries, restaurants, town center, all celebrations. I ended up losing four pounds despite all the delicious foods prepared in our B&B …and I can’t even do that at home while dieting! The week went by very quickly with so many things to do and the fact that I loved, loved , loved our lodging and the owners, and basically I just didn’t want to leave. We were able to extend our stay two more days due to a cancellation and by then my husband was so full of himself for providing the perfect vacation and the fact that he had proved me wrong. I recommend the Sobotta Manor to anyone who appreciates quality and comfort. I could no have been anymore pleased and hope to return many, many times more 

Room Tip: All the rooms were beautifully kept! Any of them are a great choice
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Roxana U
MaireGirl, Owner at Sobotta Manor Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! I'm blushing! I will do my best to live up to this amazing review! Glad to see you made it home and will look forward to your return!
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Okay guys and gals, I really did not know what to expect in choosing this site for our first anniversary of marriage. I wanted it to be extremely special, private, quite, simple, sweet and lovely. I took the time to read all the reviews and was so impressed that I book mainly on those reviews alone and the rest on the warm interaction with Robin. I was still nervous enough for the both of us, trying something new in a place that I'd never been to before. It was so lovely. The house-clean, warm, beautifully decorated, roomy, cozy with soft music playing. The food-new to my taste buds, deliciously different, beautiful too, and just the right amount. The host-gracious, kind, helpful, friendly, warm, open, available, prompt, and talented at almost anything and everything. I really did not want to leave...but duty called and leave we did. Just know that this dwelling is the best kept public secret ever and we will be back just as soon as we can.

Room Tip: Each room is unique and wonderfully decorated and very comfortable, try a different one every time...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sonya h
Sonya,
I'm sorry that I missed you when you were here! I am so glad to hear that my sweet husband took great care of you. We try are best to make everyone feel welcome, and when we see such response's it confirms our choice to be Innkeeper's. I will look forward to meeting you when you return.
Elgin, South Carolina
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Booked the B&B on a last minute getaway and it was just wonderful. We had room 4 and it was spacious, comfortable bed and close to downtown Mayberry. Innkeepers were friendly and engaging and their dogs Sonny and Cher were very friendly.
Breakfast was delicious.

Room Tip: All rooms were roomy and comfortable.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank joefirm01
We enjoyed the chance to meet you as did the pups! We hope if you get a minute away again, you will head our way!
Hagerstown, Maryland
Reviewed 22 December 2013

My wife and I were lucky enough to stay a few days over Veteran’s Day Weekend. Our stay was absolutely wonderful and Robin and Junior could not have been more gracious hosts. From the moment that we walked in the door, they made us feel welcome and did whatever they could to ensure that we had a great stay. The Manor is a beautiful, historic Tudor a couple of blocks from downtown “Mayberry.” We stayed in Room Three. It was a nice sized room that was well decorated and comfortable. A number of other reviewers have mentioned that Robin prepares an excellent table. Our impression was no different. The breakfasts were always an interesting mix of things that I would not normally associate or consider at home, but she made me a convert! In addition to being a wonderful host, Robin had lots of great recommendations for things to do and places to eat. We could not have asked for better stay. Sabotta Manor is definitely a B&B that my wife and I would not hesitate to recommend to anyone!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
B&B for Vets, where thousands of B&B's across the US and Canada offer free lodging and other promotions to show our appreciation to those who have given so much for us, our country and our freedom. It is the most wonderful thing we have had the pleasure of doing for the past few years and Bob we are thankful with all the choices in B&B's that you chose ours. You are an amazing person, we are grateful to you and your family for your service to this country. May God continue to bless you and all the others who do so much to ensure our freedom each and every day!
Clarkston, Michigan
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Can not say enough wonderful things about Robin and Junior. The manor is beautifully kept and it shows a lot of love. Robin's breakfasts make you want to stay for a month. Rooms are beautifully furnished but it is the people who really put this over the top. I would recommend Sobotta Manor to anyone who is traveling in North Carolina.

Room Tip: The rooms are all beautiful. Even though it is on the main street it is very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Judi, It was so nice to meet you and share such great conversation's and wine! I hope that when you return to Mount Airy that we see you! Stay warm!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Airy
#6 of 8 in Mount Airy
Primland
Primland
#1 of 3 in Meadows of Dan

Been to Sobotta Manor Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!