“A cabin to fit everyone's needs.”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Fishing Bear Lodge

Birds come to feed from front deck
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Birds come to feed from front deck
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 37 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
jessica05...
“A cabin to fit everyone's needs.”
Reviewed 26 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

Our family really enjoyed the cabin. We all had our individual space and bathrooms. We also loved every room had a tv. The cabin had top of the line appliances and emenities.

26 Jul 2016
Thanks for this wonderful review! Hope Y'all return soon.

Kiddss
“Most peacful, mind blowing. Awesom place!!!”
Reviewed 14 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

Never forget the memories. With my family there lots of laughter, nd love. I would recommend if you haven't went you must go nd see...!!!

15 Jul 2016
Thanks for this great review! It was great meeting your wonderful family.

Jeff G
“Super clean Beautiful cabin”
Reviewed 9 July 2016 for a stay in June 2016

3 of my friends and I rented this cabin for a week while visiting the area on a motorcycle trip. I travel to this area every summer because of the beautiful mountain roads. With Greg, I believe I found the person to rent cabins from for many years to come. He was a pleasure to deal with.

The cabin itself was well beyond my expectations. It is simply gorgeous. It is maintained perfectly and has everything a group or family could ever need. We were surprise to find the kitchen cabinets were stocked with items we never expected to find. Top of the line appliances, granite counter tops, this place has it all.

It is located about 14 miles from Murphy which is close enough to run into town to go shopping for necessities, but far enough away to find total peace and quiet in the gated community. All paved roads made it easily accessible by motorcycle.

I've rented many cabins in the area between Blue Ridge and Murphy over the years, and can honestly say this is one of if not the nicest cabins we've stayed in. I will definitely be contacting Greg again to rent one of his cabins in the future.

Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway Families with young children
10 Jul 2016
Thanks for this outstanding review! All our cabins are motorcycle friendly with easy access. Come back anytime.

Natolie77
“This house was fantastic!!”
Reviewed 8 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Fishing Bear Lodge was the perfect getaway for our family! It had all we needed. Kitchen is very well stocked. You can tell they have paid great attention to detail. We loved staying here are are very sad to have to return home.

9 Jul 2016
Thanks for this wonderful review! We are happy you enjoyed your stay.

Alphanico...
“endroit paisible (peaceful place)”
Reviewed 12 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

This was a great trip!!! The cabin location was great. It was down from the lake and shortcut close to TN borders( within 7 minutes). The cabin itself was a great atmosphere. I wanted a place where my son could relax away from electronics. Don't get me wrong they had all the electronic amenities. I just wanted them not to use them for a family time weekend getaway. I love the loft bedroom that looked over the front room and dining area but the view out the window as I was in bed was awesome. Each bedroom had its own private bathroom. The beds were comfortable. We only used two bedrooms and wind up staying up in one bed talking and laughing. The kitchen I love as I love to cook( however I cook at home and brought food up so I could spend more time with family). We went down stairs and played ping pong, etc and laughed. Also my sister and I went outside on the porched. It was windy but once we were under the blanket( it felt like a warm spring day) and we sat down and just enjoyed the view for what felt like hours. My sister is in college and was stress at her workload. When we got to the cabin that night she said I needed this and this relax me so. She wants to me to plan her vacations as this was her first vacation. We danced downstairs, played charades, and reflex our stories etc. The details of the cabin are on point, I loved the bear tissue holder the most along with the pictures. My mom loved the fireplace and the view. This was her first vacation in over 30 years. I travel a lot but the serene of Fishing bear lodge was a bless and wonderful experience. I cant described enough this treasured experience. It is a must see and must do..Plus there's a lot to do in NC and TN (7mins away). Don't take my word go see for yourself, I highly encourage you!!!

Liked best: everything
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
13 Apr 2016
Wow!!! What can we say after this awesome review it says it all.

Thanks for taking the time to compose the review!

Jamie W
Thomasville, North Carolina
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 25 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016
person found this review helpful

I was looking for a cozy cabin with a beautiful view and that matched my budget. I happened upon Fishing Bear Lodge and it was the perfect match for me. This cabin is not only beautiful and in the perfect location, but it was also spotless clean. It felt like a home away from home. Greg and Paula are absolutely wonderful and very easy to contact if you should need anything or have any questions. They also left us a very cozy welcome gift. If you love coffee, which I do, then this was the most perfect welcome gift.

If you are looking to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life and come to a piece of paradise in the mountains, then the Fishing Bear Lodge is the perfect place to go. It is Beary Cozy indeed! I will be contacting Greg and Paula again to book one of their cabins. I could not have dreamed up a more perfect vacation. Thank you Greg and Paula for everything!

Jamie

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Families with young children
26 Feb 2016
Wow!!! What a great view! Thanks for taking time out of your day to write this review.All our cabins are your home away from home.This is why we have so many repeats.

Nikki E
Princeville, North Carolina
“Wow!”
Reviewed 14 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015

This cabin a wonderful place to go on vacation. My husband an I loved this place so much that we are renting it again next year. The peace in this cabin was great. The place was very, very clean the kitchen was stocked up with everything we needed. We really out did ourselves with this vacation. This vacation was one of our favorite ones to remember. This cabin had my husband speechless. We got lots of rest and time spent with others. Our pastor and his wife came up and stayed with us they were also speechless. I will give this a A++++++ This is a great place to bring your family to. I loved the Fields of the woods. Great place to visit. Greg and Paula maid everything great. I thank them for being great host! Even booking the cabin was easy no hassle at all. Once again this is a great place to visit my husband and I loved this place. I will see Fishing Bear Lodge again next year.

Liked best: The master bedroom
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
21 Dec 2015
Thanks for this glowing review!! The owners have made this a true luxury lodge!

Greg and Paula
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing