“Always consistently good”

Rib Country BBQ
Ranked #2 of 60 Restaurants in Murphy
Price range: US$6 - US$16
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A real wood fired Southern BBQ Joint!
Boca Raton FL
“Always consistently good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

This is not a hometown stand on the side of the road...it is an efficiently run, large BBQ place. That said, they do it right. Good service, good food. Great ribs. (I am not a connoisseur, just know what I like). I wish they had a Sweet Potato side dish (I think they used to the first time we went there about 2005??)

• Visited July 2014

South Carolina
“OK Meal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

We were in Murphy after rafting and couldn't really agree on where to eat. We spotted this place and ended up here.

Two of us had BBQ. It was quite good, but cooked without any flavor of it's own, it definitely needed sauce. The baked beans were excellent, but the apple sauce was very runny.

Two of our party had hamburgers. I was told they were average.

Overall, a little pricy for what we got.

• Visited June 2014
Mineral Bluff, Georgia
“Great Ribs and Good Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We've been to this restaurant about half a dozen times. Their food and service is very consistent, and consistently good. Rib really do fall off the bone, and service has always been good. One time in the last 5 years we had to wait 20 minutes to be seated, but we got to meet and talk to some very nice people, so it was no big deal. They have inexpensive lunch specials, but nothing there is expensive. Enjoy!

• Visited May 2014
Suffolk, Virginia
“Good sauce!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I'm not usually a fan of BBQ, but my family is. We had a nice dinner visit on a Friday night and we're able to get a comfortable table for 9 without trouble. The staff was very friendly, and the food was quite tasty. Kids 3 and under eat free off the kids menu. BBQ Chicken was really moist and the sauce was great. My husband had the beef brisket and was impressed. Definitely worth the visit.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Good food on this visit but HORRIBLE service!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

I've never been much of a fan of this restaurant but I have family members who enjoy it so I visit from time to time. One every previous visit except the last one, my food has been cold. How hard is it to serve hot food?? This time, my food was warm (not hot) but a couple of our party (10 people) said their food was cold.

I had baby back ribs, fries, slaw and we ordered a onion loaf as an appetizer. They brought the onion loaf out quickly but for whatever reason, only brought 6 plates for a party of 10. Some people didn't get silverware until they had to ask for it.

My ribs were good, the fries are awesome dipped in the onion loaf sauce and my slaw was not good. It needed something.

Now for the horrible service. Remember, this was a party of ten and we were seated at a long table. The server, a redhead, literally stood at the end of the table and yelled down to those of us at the end and we had to shout our orders back to her and the restaurant was VERY noisy. This was annoying. We became even more annoyed when she brought our drinks and PASSED THEM down the table. So, you had on average, 4 people touching our drinks before they got to us. When the food arrived, you got it, she passed that down the table too.

Passing people's food down a long table from hand to hand is not only unprofessional but incredibly stupid.

Many people ordered the sweet potato and one person ordered it without the cinnamon butter. When this daft server arrived, she announced that since she couldn't remember who didn't want the cinnamon butter, she left it off ALL the potatoes. Genius.

The check was never delivered to us. We were instead told that she left it at the register. Okay then.

I'm glad that my food was good for a change, as I've had horrible food at this restaurant in the past, but the service was just ridiculous.

• Visited June 2014