“Big Mistake”

Holiday Inn Express Suites Murphy
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Murphy
“Big Mistake”
Reviewed 20 May 2006

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Murphy,nc on April 2006.The night was the worst I have had in a while.The staff was rude.The manager was even more so.My room smelled of mold.My toilet was not clean.I dropped my watch behind the night stand.When I moved it there was trash behind it.I asked for another room and was rudely told by the manager there was no more.The pool was closed.The cieling looked as though it would soon fall down The gym looked as though it had never been cleaned.The rooms were so dark,you could hardly read.Even when I turned the lights on I could not see.They must have been using 20watt light bulbs to conserve energy.The elevator was filthy in the corners. This was by far the worst night I have spent in a public hotel.I will never stay there again.Even if I have to drive 50 miles away to find lodging.
Lisa L,
Atlanta,Ga

• Stayed April 2006, travelled on business
58 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed 19 November 2005

I travel around the Southeast on busines, and this is the worst motel I have ever stayed at. I checked Trip Advisor and see some people gave this place good marks, and I have no idea how that is possible? Anything you can think of is negative in this place.
Avoid this place. Stay at one of the other motels in town. I checked out early.

• Stayed November 2005, travelled on business
100 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
naples fl
Reviewed 22 October 2005

Somebody must have an axe to grind with this motel. Can't accept the negative reviews. We had a wonderful stay while we were in Murphy looking at real estate. We found it clean, the breakfast buffet was wonderful, and the staff was attentive and friendly. Would definately return when we travel back to the area.

• Stayed October 2005, travelled on business
35 Thank joseph f
Reviewed 15 June 2005

Clean. I enjoyed my stay and chose to stay there again 2 more times while traveling on business.

• Stayed June 2005, travelled on business
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 26 March 2005

Super nice, helpful front desk staff. Hotel Parking lot has good lighting. Cannot say enough good things about this hotel!

• Stayed March 2005, travelled on business
5 Thank contactjb
Reviewed 25 February 2005

I found the Holiday Inn Express in Murphy worth every penny. The room was clean, the employees were both friendly and helpful, and there was a variety of good breakfast foods. The bathroom was one of the cleanest I have ever seen. The employees and manager were very helpful when I needed opinions of local restaurants as well as information about attractions in the area. The continental breakfast had a vast array of food including yougurt, fruit, cereal, and cinnamon buns, all of which were very good. All in all I highly recommend Holiday Day Inn Express Murphy.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 November 2004

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 130 Holiday Drive, Murphy, NC 28906. www.hiexpress.com/murphync
This is the worst example of a HI Express I have ever stayed at. The desk clerk at check in was clueless. She made it clear it was a great intrusion on her time to do anything for us, even answer local restaurant information. We found a drawer in the room filthy with old catsup and mustard, and the coffee maker had old coffee left in it. The tissue box was empty, and there was no toilet paper. There was a broken lamp with exposed wires in the room. Several lamps in the room were burned out, and the TV did not work properly. The sheets on the bed smelled and were filthy. The air conditioner made a loud squeel all night and kept us awake. The employees are rude and wear no uniforms or name tags, so you don't know their names. The breakfast bar consisted of some warm coffee and some stale rolls. There was no milk or cereal for the kids and no juice. The desk clerk told us not to bother him about the breakfast bar, as he was too busy with other things. There was no breakfast hostess, which is the normal practice in HI Express hotels. When we checked out, the desk clerk never looked up at us. He just grunted, kept reading his paper and told us to leave the key cards on the counter. Avoid this place at all cost. It is the worst example of a Holiday Inn Express I have ever experienced.

27 Thank Cruiser100
Also consider these accommodations in or near Murphy
Hampton Inn Murphy
Reid Ridge Lodge
Reid Ridge Lodge
#1 of 5 in Blue Ridge
Comfort Inn & Suites Blue Ridge

Been to Holiday Inn Express Suites Murphy? Share your experiences!