“Nice local diner”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Clean and friendly. I only ate breakfast there and it was fine. My companion had a nice Greek omelet and I ate the granola. Locally owned and very 'Americana' feel.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

We tried their signature burger and it was quite good. The patties are hand made and you can tell that care went into preparing the burger. The homemade potato chips are also very good.

A good place to stop for lunch if you are traveling in the area.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Ok, this place needs to be featured on Drive Ins, Diners and Dives! It's a Diner a great diner, with lots of room on the inside. They feature LOCAL meats and vegetable whenever possible, and it's super inexpensive! Where I'm from, a burger made with local beef and no hormones or antibiotics, would set you back $10-15. Here, $5!! Crazy good food, too. On the weekends, they feature a breakfast buffet with fresh fruit, eggs, perfect crispy bacon, and nantahala (local town) sausage. I could eat that sausage daily and I don't even like sausage! They make a cheese stick plate as an appetizer, which is fresh house made. The jack cheese sticks pack so much flavor! They serve sweet potato fries with a house made raspberry sauce that will blow your mind. I can't wait to visit again!

Reviewed 26 February 2014

I've driven by this place a million times but never really gave it much thought. We decided to try it tonight on a suggestion from my husband's coworker. My husband and I both ordered sirloin tips. He had fried green beans and a salad. I had onion petals and potato wedges. My daughter had a NY strip steak, loaded potato and salad. My son had a cheeseburger and fries.

My tips were perfectly cooked and VERY good. I was disappointed in the tiny pieces of pepper, onion and mushrooms. It was chopped very fine. I'm used to big pieces! My onion petals were okay, but I'm not sure they were freshly cooked. My wedges were pretty good but not seasoned, as described on the menu. My husband and daughters' salads looked REALLY good and they said they were good. The fried green beans were tasty with ranch dressing. My son said his burger was good.

The atmosphere is kind of blah but frankly, I couldn't possibly care less about that. The waitress was nice and the service was good.

We will DEFINITELY be eating here again!

Reviewed 2 February 2014

I may never get to eat here again (I'm from Colorado) but I will never forget the scrumptious Just A Burger with avocado slices. Cooked medium rare, just as I asked for. This seems to be a favorite breakfast and lunch spot for people associated with the John C. Campbell Folk School up the road in Brasstown.