“Excellent and creative menu”
Review of Shoe Booties Cafe

Shoe Booties Cafe
Ranked #3 of 63 Restaurants in Murphy
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Orlando, Florida
“Excellent and creative menu”
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

I own a home in murphy and have to say my recent dinner there was one of the best. Crab cakes were delish and my dining partners had a great steak and salmon. There is also a nice area upstairs to eat as well in the bar area. Nice house wine and everything very reasonably priced!

• Visited July 2014

Murphy, North Carolina
“Great food!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

One of my favorite local restaurants. The Strawberry Salad with grilled chicken is great. I also love the turkey Reuben and pecan crusted chicken. The atmosphere is nice and they have great service most of the time. Occasionally there is a long wait on weekends. We have had several family parties here and each time, had great service.

Visited March 2014
“Don't think we will be back”
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Service was extremely slow. It was all you can eat crab legs night but they only brought one additional order within the two hours we were there, despite asking for a third. Did not receive drink refills or our check. The food was just ok. Mu order was wrong, but after waiting over an hour to get it I wasn't about to send it back. Very disappointed...

Murphy, North Carolina
“We will back soon..”
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

We come on Friday night.. We order filet mignon .. both in perfect cook medium rare..
nyummmmmm., waitress so attentive .,nice and friendly. ..,

• Visited May 2014
Ringgold, Georgia
“Hummmmmmmm, # 1 in Murphy?”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We ate there yesterday for lunch and arrived just before the bulk of the lunch crowd started showing up. I can only post what I experienced yesterday and I feel that this place could be # 1 in Murphy but I did not see that yesterday at all.

The Pros: My wife said that the Quiche of the Day was very good; once we finally started receiving service it was very good. For the most part the staff was somewhat friendly but no overly-friendly. The lobster bisque was not too shabby, but from there my food went downhill quickly.

The Cons: Hadn't been in the door 1 minute and find out that the lady running the "front of the house" was also ringing diner's checks up AND she was also trying to seat people. My first impression was NOT very good. We finally did get seated after about 10 minutes and there was only one couple ahead of us and the dining area was about 60% full. Once seated, we literally sat there for over 5 minutes before anyone ever noted our existence. I ordered the fish tacos and they were terrible. The tacos tasted like the kind that you buy out of a stale box and of course they were the hard tacos and not the soft ones that should go with fish tacos. The fish was tilapia and instead of being cut into strips in the taco they were in very small cubes. The taco had about 5% fish and the rest of it just stuff to fill it. Taste was not good at all. The main dining area is very cramped and there was no room for the waitress and customers to walk in the same area.

I go through Murphy often and I may stop back by one day to see if this place really deserves being # 1 in Murphy, NC.

• Visited June 2014