“A great pit stop.”

Price range: US$2 - US$24
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We are on a bit of a BBQ trip at the moment and made the journey to Herb's. We were not disappointed. We tried both the sliced brisket and chopped pork and both were very good. The sauce is vinegar based, which suited the lightly smoked meat very well. Hush puppies and beans were good also. The restaurant was busy, full of locals. Worth making the trip to eat.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

My wife and I have eaten here a few dozen times over the years. First the down side...their wait staff and hostesses are generally young and for many it is their first job in the hospitality field. Because of this, it may take an excessive amount of time on occaision to get seated or even receive your order. Nothing that we haven't experienced in the A-rated restaurants in downtown Murphy. After all, this is hardly NYC or even Atlanta. Another minor complaint is that some of the menu items are rather pricey. On the plus side, the food is unfailingly delicious and the portions are large, especially the samplers. Bring your appetite! If you are driving east on US64/74 and are hungry to the point that you don't want to wait another half hour before you are in Murphy, by all means stop at Herb's. A local place, run by locals who are very friendly and a dining room that is large, clean and tastefully decorated.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Herb's is a great place with great food in my opinion, as well as a nice atmosphere of workers. However, what stops my family and I from going there is that it takes so long to get seated. They need to come up with better arrangements and a better process of getting people in and out in a timely manner.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Purchased $80.00 worth of coupons for Herbs as we loved going there. Herb's "ARBITRARILY," decided to stop honoring the coupons you purchased through Restaurant.com. I guess they did not mind getting the advertising and collecting the money, but told you too bad. The girl really said "We do not get any money from them, contact them!" The sign they had placed up to say the were not going to Honor the coupons any longer, was at the register on check out under the glass counter top! For this I will not ever return and will not recommend as they were paid and left me hanging after they sold the coupons. I was not the only person this happened too! BAD BUSINESS!!!

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Stopped in for lunch. Put our name on a list, the place was empty . Finally seated, waited another 5 minutes for a waitress. From an article in the lobby we ordered the sliced pork sandwich and the 1/2 chicken platter. Both were okay, nothing to go out of your way for.