“OVERCOOKED AND DRY”

Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Blue Ridge, Georgia
“OVERCOOKED AND DRY”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Got an order to go (full rack ribs)....got home and was shocked at the burnt and dried out product. Call and complained ...indifference....Then mailed pictures of the product to the owner/manager...explaining the reason for my dis-satisfaction..have not received any reply...The worst experience of a business not responding to a real complaint. I want a refund ..I drove 26 miles to this place from my home.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank THEICEMANCOMETHAGAIN

“Awful, reheated tasting ribs?”
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Waited 25 minutes for our food even though they were not busy. When we finally received our food, the ribs (which are supposed to be their speciality) they tasted old and reheated and the sides were skimpy.
Had to wait for everything, even had to go find someone to pay our check.
I was so looking forward to some great BBQ...obviously this place won't even a second chance from me.

Visited May 2014
UK
“A great pit stop.”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

We are on a bit of a BBQ trip at the moment and made the journey to Herb's. We were not disappointed. We tried both the sliced brisket and chopped pork and both were very good. The sauce is vinegar based, which suited the lightly smoked meat very well. Hush puppies and beans were good also. The restaurant was busy, full of locals. Worth making the trip to eat.

Visited May 2014
Murphy, NC
“First Class Pit BBQ Restaurant”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

My wife and I have eaten here a few dozen times over the years. First the down side...their wait staff and hostesses are generally young and for many it is their first job in the hospitality field. Because of this, it may take an excessive amount of time on occaision to get seated or even receive your order. Nothing that we haven't experienced in the A-rated restaurants in downtown Murphy. After all, this is hardly NYC or even Atlanta. Another minor complaint is that some of the menu items are rather pricey. On the plus side, the food is unfailingly delicious and the portions are large, especially the samplers. Bring your appetite! If you are driving east on US64/74 and are hungry to the point that you don't want to wait another half hour before you are in Murphy, by all means stop at Herb's. A local place, run by locals who are very friendly and a dining room that is large, clean and tastefully decorated.

• Visited March 2014
Mineral Bluff, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice place, just needs to fix a few things.”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Herb's is a great place with great food in my opinion, as well as a nice atmosphere of workers. However, what stops my family and I from going there is that it takes so long to get seated. They need to come up with better arrangements and a better process of getting people in and out in a timely manner.

• Visited December 2012