“"Retreat" says it all”
other travellers have booked this property
Winter with snow in the valley....
All time favorite reading spot Beautiful screened-in porch overlooking the spectacular views.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Winter with snow in the valley....
All time favorite reading spot
Beautiful screened-in porch overlooking the spectacular views.
Outdoor dining on the screened-in porch
The best place in the Smokey's to watch the sun rise.
Sunrise one morning in winter from the screened-in porch.
Sunrise in summer with clouds in the valley
Kitchen has everything you'll need
Kitchen, indoor dining, hallway leading to half bath and staricase leading to upstairs bedrooms.
Kitchen, we have some spices and paper goods. Use whatever you'd like.
Autumn Leaves
Storm late one day
Living area, desk, kitchen.
Indoor dining table with view
Copper collection on the fireplace. New remote controlled gas fireplace.
Living room has a couch, 3 recliners, flat screen TV
fog lifting from the valley on a stormy day
My attempt at barn painting. I'll get better
Master bath
Master bedroom with flat screen tv
Master bedroom.
Lower deck area has a gas grill, picnic table, lounge chair and two person swing. Beautiful View!
Dogwood in Spring
Hallway connecting the two bedrooms and bath.
Guest Bedroom with Queen bed.
Morning World
Front Walk
My sweet cabin.
Wildlife
View from the master bedroom window
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

lfnunn
Orlando, Florida
“"Retreat" says it all”
Reviewed 30 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

Our stay at the "Retreat" cabin in Murphy was short but very relaxing. We loved sitting in the swing on the deck, watching the birds. We also enjoyed having our meals in the screened room overlooking the beautiful mountains. The "Retreat" cabin felt very private and quiet, but was close enough to downtown Murphy and anything we needed. We will definitely come back for a longer stay next time!

9 Apr 2017
Please do come back....I loved having you there! I'll keep you posted on Short Notice Discounts in the event you can come up to the Smokies on the fly!!!
Thanks for taking such good care of my cabin, Joanie
tch64
Sarasota, Florida
“Best Rental”
Reviewed 22 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016
person found this review helpful

This was without a doubt the best rental experience our family has had in the last 5+ years. Everything was better than promised. We found a lot to do in a short radius from the cabin. Although you are only 5 minutes from town, you truly feel you are in the middle of nowhere, and the views are exactly as pictured. Communication with the owner was awesome -- just can't say enough except that we cannot wait to come back :)

Your age range 50-64
23 Jan 2017
Thank you Tom for such a lovely review. I loved the thought that you and your family were there during the holidays, baking cookies, following your traditions and having such an amazing family time. The best part was how Wal-Mart gave you a Christmas tree since it was so close to Christmas day..... Hope to see you sometime in 2017!!!
Keith W
Central Florida, Florida
“Warm, cozy cabin in the mountains”
Reviewed 26 December 2016 for a stay in December 2016

We stayed for the week before Christmas. We are from Florida and like to experience some cooler temperatures and we both love western NC. Third time at Above the Clouds Retreat. The amenities of the cabin are great, nice kitchen, gas fireplace, lovely screened-in porch, beautiful mountain views! Nicely equipped with flat screen TV, DVD player, wi-fi, gas grill, washer and dryer, you name it! This cabin is only minutes from downtown Murphy and shopping, but you would not know it. Our host Joanie is wonderful. We have rented from her no less than half-dozen times and have not been disappointed. There is plenty to do in and around Murphy. I have a couple of favorite places, but we explore and venture out each time we go. My favorite lodging? Above the Clouds! It's like being at home and on vacation too!

28 Dec 2016
Keith & Deidra, what a great review! Thanks so much for the high praise. I can't tell you how happy I am when you are staying at my cabin because I know you will treat it as if it were your own. I love my home there in the mountains so I appreciate your visits so much. I hope you come back again and again. See you in 2017! Happy New Year.....Joanie
710carol
Katy, Texas
“One of the best views in Murphy”
Reviewed 14 November 2016 for a stay in October 2016

This is my second stay at the Retreat and it was just as wonderful as the first. Joanie is great to work with. She is so helpful and ,by far, the best owner that I've ever dealt with. She is always concerned about her guest.
The Retreat is on a mountain, but the road is paved and well maintained. The home is private, but not secluded. There are neighbors, but none are visible. Traveling alone I feel perfectly safe at the Retreat. The home has everything that you need to feel at home.
The view is spectacular. You can see for for miles. The mountains are beautiful at any time of the year. If you are looking for a cute, cozy, very clean vacation cabin, give the Retreat a try.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view and the deck
Liked least: Having to leave the peace and beauty of the Retreat!
Travelling group: Solo
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
1946diane
Brooksville, Florida
“Very nice place to stay.”
Reviewed 2 March 2016 for a stay in February 2016

I like to read and the lighting was not the best for reading. The kitchen was well appointed. I would have liked more window coverings. Overall the house was very comfortable. View was great.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The comfort of the house.
Liked least: The lighting for reading.
Travelling group: Solo
Friends getaway
Hanna K
Winter Park, Florida
“Everything I hoped for and more!”
Reviewed 2 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015

The view was amazing! The whole cabin was warm and comfy. Everything was nicely decorated, and the master bedroom's bed was so comfortable. All the pamphlets in the basket were very helpful, it had an ad for Gallery 26 which was a cute little shop with kind people working there. The scenery was amazing and I spent most of my time on the patio or by the fire place. My husband and I ate at the Chop House for dinner and the food there was amazing. The week I spent in this cabin was everything that I expected and more. I feel so refreshed and was so sad to say goodbye. I hope to come again some day.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The fire place and the view.
Liked least: I do wish there were curtains for the windows in the living room. It made me uneasy at night.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
4 Jan 2016
We LOVED having you there. You were our fifth honeymoon couple for the year of 2015 and it brings me so much joy knowing that we have newly married couples sharing our special home! Please come back on your anniversary next year and make it a yearly tradition! Happy New Year Hanna
Keith W
Central Florida, Florida
“Awesome Views”
Reviewed 21 December 2015 for a stay in December 2015

This is the second time of coming to this cabin and the 4th time booking with Joanie. Joanie is the greatest and ensures that her guests are well informed and provided for. I would definitely recommend this cabin and booking cabin vacation rentals through Joanie. Our visit in December 2015 was most relaxing and the views awesome. Cabin is cozy and the kitchen provides a fantastic cooking area. My wife loves to cook. We are on the short list for rentals with Joanie and enjoy coming to the mountains when ever we can. Can't wait for our next visit!! There are so many things to do. we travelled the Cherohala Skyway and drove into Franklin for lunch and shopping in the quaint shoppes The worst part and the thing I like the least is leaving the mountains

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Mountains and fresh air
Liked least: leaving
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway
29 Dec 2015
I have to say, I LOVE IT when I have guests come back to the cabin, again and again and you are just the Best....Guests.....EVER! Thanks so much for buying the stove top cleaning kit, that was so nice of you and for always treating my home like your own. I appreciate your buisness and am happy you will be back again soon....
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing