“Great place to stay!”

Best Western Of Murphy
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Murphy
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This hotel is a great place to stay. It is nice, clean and pet friendly! We had a great stay and it was convenient! The beds were comfortable and the rooms were quiet. They even offer coffee and breakfast!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BossLady_01, General Manager at Best Western Of Murphy, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thank you for the kind review. We do like to see our four footed guests - they bring such joy to our lives.
We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Thanks,
Aurelia Stone, GM

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I booked a non-smoking room. As I approached the desk I heard the manager say in a subdued voice to the desk staff, "Did you run the atomizer in the room?". I asked for confirmation that I was being placed in a non smoking room and told yes it was. The manager told me it had been smoking before but was now non smoking. (Huh?) I asked how long ago it had been non smoking and was told "a long time ago". So I went into the room which REEKED of stale smoke. I looked at the door where there was not a non-smoking sign. Other rooms did have this sign.
When I went back to the desk and told them of the smell and lack of sign they said that they just hadn't gotten around to putting the sign up yet. (uh huh).
I left the door open to vent the room for about 30 minutes, then discovered a trail of ants in the bathroom, at the opposite side of the room; I told them this and was told it was my fault for leaving the door open. The attitude was smug and extremely unpleasant. I would never go near this place again. I found a much nicer hotel nearby.
(Also the doors open to the outside and have no insulation around them so there is a cold draft under the door in cold weather).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Lori C

I do not understand your comments but am sorry that you had a bad experience. We have a non-smoking lobby so it should not have had any smoke odor. Please contact me and let me know which room you stayed in so that I can work with any housekeeping or pest control issues.
Aurelia Stone, GM

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Great place to stay. My other stays in hotels for business were in large chains that were also conference centers. I will look for Best Western hotels when I'm traveling for pleasure. I will also recommend Best Western to my family and friends. I will also use the Best Western hotel in my town when I have visitors.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2014

After 18 hours of drivng and working I was given a clean and comfortable room. I simply could not have asked for anything better. The room was as good or better as some of the higher end hotels I have stayed at and a lot cheaper. The service from the check in counter was excellent and made things as easy for me as could be imagined. With food and restaurants in the immediate area I had a great stay away from home. Again, I couldnt have asked for a better place to stay with a staff that was always willing to help if I needed anything. Thanks again!!

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I stayed at Best Western because they except pets. I don't like that they charge a pet fee as some hotels do not. The location was great. Plenty of restaurants nearby. Plenty of parking. A great grassy area for my pup. Staff was excellent. Room was clean and I/we slept like a baby!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 April 2014

This hotel provided everything we needed during our stay. We were traveling with our two dogs and their pet policy and charges were excellent. We checked out at 4AM and hot coffee was promised by the day person and it was waiting for us at check out. That was a nice touch.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I never considered Best Western as a nice hotel, just a place to make a quick stop for sleep but we had a pleasant experience. It is not the Ritz but the staff was nice and helpful, the place was clean and I didn't get the heeby jeebies like I do at a lot of lower priced hotels off the side of the road.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BossLady_01, General Manager at Best Western Of Murphy, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Thank you for the nice review. You might want to take a second look at the Best Western brand. There are great strides being made in bringing the properties to a more consistant, clean, pleasant environment across the board.
I am glad that you felt comfortable at the hotel and really look forward to having you stay with us again when you are in the area. There are so many great things to do that you might just want to plan an extended stay in Cherokee County.
Again, thanks for taking the time to write this review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Murphy
Holiday Inn Express Suites Murphy
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 1 in Andrews
Comfort Inn & Suites Blue Ridge

Been to Best Western Of Murphy? Share your experiences!