“Spontaneous Getaway”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Murphy
Rome, Georgia
“Spontaneous Getaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

I booked this hotel on Friday for a Saturday getaway with my husband. We were very pleased with the room it was large and very clean. The location was convenient for local attractions and was easy to find. The clerk was very friendly and provided us with a local map as well as towels to clean our motorcycles with. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sonya B
BossLady_01, General Manager at BEST WESTERN of Murphy, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
I am glad that you enjoyed your spontaneous getaway here in Murphy. I appreciate your taking time to write a review and look forward to seeing you again soon.
We really appreciate our motorcycle guests and like to share ride maps with them. We look forward to having you on your next trip to Murphy - hopefully for a longer getaway.

Aurelia Stone, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

I booked directly with the hotel, although I usually use Priceline, because I had children traveling with me and wanted to make sure I had two beds. The clerk was very polite, asking me if I was entitled to any discounts, (AARP, AAA, etc.) and gave me the same rate I found online.All of the staff was friendly and helped direct us to attractions in the area. The room was clean. Breakfast is toast, pastries, cereal, or pancakes, but the coffee was GREAT, and the hostess made sure it was hot and fresh. My only complaint was that the room smelled a little musty. There was a small fridge and microwave, which woul be convenient for a longer stay.

Room Tip: There are no elevators, so if you can't climb a flight of stairs be sure to ask for ground floor...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
BossLady_01, Manager at BEST WESTERN of Murphy, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
I am glad that you found our prices to be the same as Priceline. This is true most of the time and, as you said, you can be sure you are getting the room you want.
I apologize for the musty smell. Our weather has been so wet this summer we are having a problem with dampness. We have purchased a dehumidifier to help with the problem.
I am also pleased that you had a good time and look forward to your next visit.
Thanks for taking time to write a review.

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

My husband and I decided to get away for a weekend for some rest and relaxation. We decided on Murphy, NC since neither of us had heard of it and decided to stay at the Best Western because of the Priceline deal. I have to say I was VERY pleased with the hotel. Barbara, the front desk clerk was so professional and very helpful. She treaded us as if we were long time guest. Any question I had she answered it with a smile. Although it rained the whole weekend, we had a very good time and will go back again. Thank You Best Western & Barbara for a relaxing stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to write a review. Barbara is really tops! She knows the area very well and really enjoys helping people find things in the area. I will pass your comments on to her - she will appreciate them.
Again, thanks for taking time to write the review. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Murphy.

ft lauderdale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

from the moment we walked in, exhausted. The staff is super friendly, the rooms are immaculate. Breakfast was nice too. We will be back next year. :-) And didn't even need our truck, Walmart, burger king, and a strip mall all in walking distance. So peaceful. I totally recommend this particular Best Western! Thank you, The Neubauer's Checked in August 8, 2014

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
We appreciate your kind review. I am glad that, even exhausted, you found the rooms to be clean and comfortable.
Again, thank you for taking the time to write this review.

Macon, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed here for three days this past week for a funeral and I can say I was very impressed with the hotel staff and the hotel itself. The staff were kind and considerate of our loss. Rooms were immaculate and inviting. Would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for the review. I am glad to hear that the staff was sensitive to your situation and made your stay as pleasant as possible.
We hope you will come back under better circumstances.

5th wheel camper, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Third time we stayed there every time has been good. Friendly people , good rooms fast internet just a good time each time we stayed there. Would say one of the better hotels we have stayed at in the past.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your kind words. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will stay with us again on your next trip to Murphy.

Raleigh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

I had a very pleasant stay at the Best Western in Murphy, NC. It's an older hotel with all exterior entry room doors. But the property is kept in extraordinarily good condition. The exterior looks great. Good paint job. The rooms are well lit and very clean. Friendly front desk staff. I'd stay there again.

Stayed July 2014
We appreciate your nice review. I am glad that you found us to be a friendly place to stay and look forward to your next visit.

Aurelia Stone, GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Murphy
Hampton Inn Murphy
#1 of 1 in Andrews
Ridges Resort & Marina
Ridges Resort & Marina
#1 of 6 in Hiawassee

Been to BEST WESTERN of Murphy? Share your experiences!