“excellent hotel. rooms are excellent..nice to have...”
Review of Days Inn Murphy

Days Inn Murphy
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Murphy
Signal Mountain
“excellent hotel. rooms are excellent..nice to have...”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

excellent hotel. rooms are excellent..nice to have breakfast. great hotel... I stayed with my wife are will stay in days in more. hope to a another great stay

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank Bruce E
Aurelia S, General Manager at Days Inn Murphy, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Thank you for your kind words. We have been working hard to make this a great place to stay and I am glad to hear that you will be staying in Days Inn more as you travel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
High Point
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I rented 3 rooms for my family. We were in the area for a family reunion. Room 255 had no shower,maintenance tried to repair but the part was not available.We asked that they be moved to another room but was told another room was not available.When I checked out I was told they could have been moved the second night not sure why the staff did not move them, we had no clue when rooms were available. We were not told until we checked out.These family members had to come to the other family members rooms to shower and they had a 2 year old child. Not sure what they would have done if they did not have other family members staying so they could use their facilities. I had taken a head towel with me and the maids must have thought it was the hotels,it disappeared. The phone in my room:102, could not dial other rooms the first day,I had to complain about that as well. Several nats were in room 102. When we checked out I asked for a discount just for the inconvenience for room 255 (no shower)but was told management could only authorize that. A day or so later I was sent an invoice with a 20% discount which I was not very happy with. I feel 3 rooms/2 nights each that I should have gotten 1 of the nights free just for room 255. I feel a bed and a shower are the main services when you rent a room and that room 255 I only received 1/2 of what I paid for. I called and complained and voiced my opinion about the 20% and I was told she would get back with me after she spoke with management again,has been a week now and I have heard nothing. I do not feel I am asking for compensation that is not valid so I guess I will have to dispute this with the credit card company.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

2 Thank Debra J
Aurelia S, Manager at Days Inn Murphy, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
I am very sorry about the problems you experienced at this hotel. I have credited your Visa card for one night in the room with the shower problem. You are very correct - a clean bed and shower are essential to any night at a hotel. I am sorry that there was no place to move you that night and have talked to front desk personnel about making sure that, in cases like this, options are offered the next day.
I do hope you will try us again and, again, I apologize for your troubles.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I appreciate the input.

Aurelia Stone, GM
stanley, nc
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Very friendly; however had to go to office for towels, ice, etc. No answer at front desk; Only had 1 towel in room for a family of 4; Floors were wet and sticky (may have recently been cleaned?) Pool closed. Alarm clock wouldn't work.
I guess it was OK for the price, but probably wouldn't stay there again. Although I heard they were under new management - hopefully going to be some changes

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jjj3boys
I am sorry your experience was not the greatest. We are working hard to get everything back in working order. We have had to have part of the phone system replaced and have ordered lots of new towels (there were not enough to go around). You are correct, the carpets have all been steam cleaned and your floor might have still been damp. Our juice machine is back in order and we are providing all the usual foods for a good continental breakfast.
I do hope you will come back and see all our improvements!

Thanks for taking time to write this review

Aurelia Stone, GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Murphy
Best Western Of Murphy
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Robbinsville
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 1 in Andrews

Been to Days Inn Murphy? Share your experiences!