“Upgraded to Honeymoon Suite”
Review of Oasis Suites Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nags Head
Oasis Suites Hotel
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Nags Head
Reviewed 17 July 2011

My husband and I went on a week motorcycle trip beginning in Georgia and ending in SC before heading home to North Georgia. Three days of that trip was staying at the Oasis Suites in Nags Head and visiting the OBX. We could not have asked for a better place to stay!!! As soon as we got there you felt like you were part of the family! They offered us an upgrade to the Honeymoon Suite and after 28 years of marriage it was truly a "sweet" way to spend our vacation. We loved the suite..everything was beautiful and fully equipped. The staff was helpful for places to eat and the pool area was so relaxing and enjoyable. Keeping the drapes open and waking up to the sunrise and beautiful view of the sound was the best ever! Drinking a cup of coffee each morning on the balcony looking over the water is my favorite thing to do. I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 July 2011

Two couples stayed here. Our room was on the second floor and faced the water. I have no idea how people could handle a room facing the road because the hotel is right off of a main road and the traffic driving by is very noisy. Avoid rooms facing the road. Our room was very nice. The bed was comfortable, nice linens, big bathroom. The hotel grounds were very pretty - right on the water with a dock and gazebo. Nice, small pool. We were always the only ones using it.

However, for $300/night, I would have expected more. These are my complaints. Our patio furniture was broken. It was wooden furniture and was missing some slats. The blow dryer was so cheap I couldn't use it on high because it would over heat. We were there for a wedding and when I was getting ready I was unable to blow dry my hair because the blow dryer wouldn't work. I sent my husband to the front desk to get another one and he was told "we don't have any extras." I mentioned at check out that our blow dryer was broken and the lady said, "we have extras downstairs, you should have asked." Funny - we did, and that same lady had said otherwise. Beware of cheap toiletries, bring your own. They advertise a full kitchen, but its more like a kitchenette. The walls are paper thin. One night I was woken up by the people above us making "noise" and struggled to get back to sleep. Another night the people downstairs were sitting on their patio talking and we could hear their entire conversation. The bedroom didn't have a regular door, instead it had a folding door that didn't offer a lot of privacy. It didn't stay closed and would blow open when the a/c turned on. A/C - the unit was a very cheap unit and made a lot of noice. The air vent in the living room was really big and made a loud noise. It was beyond bearable so at night we were forced to turn off the a/c. The gym was 3 pieces of cardio equipment with 4 different size weights. Nothing to brag about.

The hotel was nice, but for the price, we won't be back. It is a nice set up for a family with kids, but didn't work well for two couples. Not enough privacy and too noisy. I also wouldn't recommend the location. There's nothing walking distance. There are other nicer places closer to the beach and shopping.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank show2you
Reviewed 21 June 2011

My husband and I loved our stay . The rooms were very super nice and very clean. I loved getting into the bed the sheets smelled so good.. The view of the sound was wonderfull. I would 100% come back to this place . I have told others to stay there. We had the room that had 2 big beds and full kicthen and two flat screen tvs. There are so many wonderfull things about his place:)

Reviewed 14 June 2011

My husband and I were looking for an extended weekend escape from the daily insanity of Corporate America, so we booked a 4 night stay at Oasis. Our suite on the 3rd floor was beautiful with a great view overlooking the channel. The bed and linens were very comfortable, the decor was classy, and the jacuzzi tub was a perk. Despite all those positives, I found myself a little disappointed with all the cut corners, especially given the price we paid. The coffee maker and hair dryer were the cheap $20 versions that you buy at Walgreens, and the coffee, shampoo, and soaps were equally low quality.
The fire alarm disrupted our vacation twice while we were there.....once before 8am and continued for over 40 minutes. Apparently the 3rd floor kitchens have poor ventilation, so be weary of any cooking that involves steam! The manager did apologize and offer us champagne...but that wasn't really appealing after waking to 40 min of deafening alarms.

Overall, Oasis Suites has laid a good foundation for a gorgeous getaway, but they need some work on the amenities to balance out the cost vs value.

9  Thank Wildflower1
Reviewed 8 May 2011

As my now-husband and I recently moved across the country/switched jobs, we didn't have much vacation time for our honeymoon. Since Nags Head was only a 3 hour drive from home, we chose there and after looking at reviews, decided on the Oasis Suites. We had no problems booking our reservations/getting information from the staff and our stay was great! We ended up booking the honeymoon suite (after the recommendation of the person who took our reservation) and wow -- what a beautiful room! Tons of space, everything is new and taken care of and the bed was awesome! Not for those who want a ton of privacy (at least this room, I didn't see the others) from whoever you are staying with. Great views as well -- we enjoyed watching the sunset on our patio and the outdoor amenities are great too. My husband enjoyed fishing off the dock in the sound and grill/fish cleaning areas were available. The staff was great from check-in until we left. The fire alarm went off our first morning there around 7:30 in the morning, and the lady working was so apologetic and even sent us back to our room with a bottle of champagne for the inconvenience. That was the only hiccup (if you can call it that) in our trip. We got great restaurant recommendations when we asked for them and just loved our stay -- we will definately be back in the near future (like, this fall when rates drop again!). A wonderful relaxing stay.

Reviewed 5 May 2011

I have had such terrible experiences on the phone with this hotel that I cannot fathom anyone enjoying their time here. This place seems to have great reviews on this website which is what made me call them and inquire further. The woman who picked up the phone last night and now again tonight doesn't let you get a word in. She is completely nasty and I hope her boss is reading this so she can assist her in her customer service skills.

• Stayed: May 2011
8  Thank njtraveler80
Reviewed 22 April 2011

Right from the start we were impressed. Clean apartment with lots of space. Very crisp sheets. Beautiful grounds. Big apartment with a bedroom, tv, big closet, bathroom off the bedroom, nice dining area, couch and flatscreen in the living room. Nice kitchen with silverware and cooking utensils, etc. Very clean upon arrival. The only drawback was that the phone didn't work but we did not need one. Wish to come back when it's warmer!!!

Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Sea Ranch Resort
Sea Ranch Resort
#1 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur
Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanf...
#4 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills

Been to Oasis Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!