“Wonderful Vacation - Awesome place to stay”
Review of Oasis Suites Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nags Head
Oasis Suites Hotel
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Nags Head
Sandston, Virginia
“Wonderful Vacation - Awesome place to stay”
Reviewed 22 September 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Oasis Suites this past week. The hotel was outstanding and the people that work here are very friendly and professional.
I hear each room is set up differently - and with Ron and I planning a 2nd trip in November here in a different room - makes it kind of 'new' again.
I would recommend this place for any couple that wants to get away from it all and relax.
Can not say enough about this place - other than we can't wait to get back there.

Room Tip: We faced the sound and it was very quite and romantic. Love this place.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kellie W
OasisSuitesHotel, Manager at Oasis Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 2 October 2012
Thank you for your comments. Our guests are our #1 prority. We look forward to having you again in November

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
hayes va
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Hotel is located on causeway between Outer Banks and Roanoke Island. All suites with upgraded trim, kitchen and very nice furniture. We prefer the Sound Side Rooms, but have stayed on the Highway side, and found it to be good...just a little more highway noise. Great value off season with location central to all attractions on the outerbanks. There is also covered parking available making loading etc a breeze.

Room Tip: We prefer the 2nd or 3rd floors, sound front on either end of the building (more windows and open fe...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
OasisSuitesHotel, Manager at Oasis Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 14 September 2012
I truly appreciate your comments.Keep a check on Trip Advisor and Facebook for upcoming Fall/Winter Deals. We look forward to seeing you again.
VA
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I booked a suite at the Oasis Suites over Labor Day weekend and had an absolutely wonderful stay. The place is beautiful with great views of the sound, kept very clean and are nicely sized suites. The suite included a full sized fridge as well as a stove top and microwave for cooking/heating up food. There was a small dining room table with four chairs as well as a queen sized bed, pull out couch and a chair all in the sitting room. It seems like an odd layout with all of the furniture, but it's actually situated very nicely. There was also a balcony that was nice to sit out on. We went to the pool both days during our stay and there were barely any people there. The second day we had the pool all to ourselves and were able to enjoy drinks and music while lounging in the pool after a day at the beach. We had a terrible experience at Millers Waterfront Restaurant Saturday night, so we decided to grill out on Sunday night for dinner. We bought some fish at a local seafood store and used the grill at the Oasis to make dinner. The grill wasn't working all that well (the heat didn't go up past about 200 degrees), but we were able to finish cooking the fish in a pan before eating it. They also provided grilling utensils for us to use, which was very helpful. I would definitely recommend Oasis to anyone that is looking for a nice, relaxing stay in OBX. The front desk staff was also extremely friendly and helpful!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
I truly appreciate your coomments. Our guests are our Number #1 priority. I did check out the grill and there was a little problem. Our maintenance man has since taken care of it. Thank you for letting us know. We truly appreicate your business and look forward to seeing you again!
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed 20 August 2012

My wife and I (and our 8 and 10 year old daughters) spent a week at the Oasis Suites based on the strong recommendation of my neighbor and we had a great time. The property and the rooms were beautiful and tastefully decorated. The rooms (and the bathroom) were good sized and the kitchen had everything we needed. Our suite also backed up to the sound and had a great view. There is also free wi-fi which was strong enough that there was no delay in internet web pages loading.

The staff was fabulous. Peggy and Lorraine were always friendly and available with recommendations and really seemed to care about making sure that everyone enjoys their stay. The housekeepers were quick, thorough and one day early in our stay we came back to find our kids stuffed animals carefully tucked under the blankets with mints and a note from our housekeeper Nancy. The "animals" were taken care of through the rest of our stay. It was the little things like this that made our stay that much more enjoyable.

On the backside of the property there is a nice boardwalk with built-in benches on the sound where guests can fish and catch crabs. My daughters really wanted to hunt for crabs so Peggy brought us bait (chicken legs) and her granddaughter taught us how to "crab", which was a lot of fun.

We were also very happy with the location. There are a handful of restaurants within walking distance of the property, but most of the things that we wanted to do were within close driving distance. Jeanette's Pier and the main beaches were literally only a few minutes away by car.

The property is on a busy street, but we did not hear any traffic noise in our room. There are also a number of covered parking spaces, which came in handy when storms rolled through.

We are definitely planning to return to the Oasis Suites for another vacation.

Room Tip: Pick a suite that faces the sound.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank BDG19
Stamford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Outstanding accommodation - stunning views over the water - exceptionally well equipped suite - helpful, friendly staff - I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone visiting this part of the Outer Banks.

Room Tip: If possible get a water view with balcony!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sarah I
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 10 August 2012

We have stayed at many places from hotels to homes over the years that we have vacationed in the OBX but have found the best place yet. The staff was very helpful in giving us tips on places to shop, eat, and to rent fishing equipment.

The room and hotel were as beautiful in person as they were online. Our room was wonderful and accommodated 5 of us very well. It offered most everything that we wanted and obviously had been well thought out with a lot of attention the detail. I would liked to have seen an absorbent rug inside of the door for the water dragged in from the pool/rainy conditions and our shoes since the floors are wooden and I spent time going around with a towel wiping up the floor. Also to keep the towels organized and able to use them more than once with 5 of us in the room maybe one long rack of hooks, a few towel holders, or a multi rack in the bathroom to accommodate a families fresh and wet towels would be helpful and cut down laundry for the hotel. There is a double rack and a couple of sets of hooks but not enough for all of our families towels. We were hanging them all over the room to dry after the pool and showers they got mixed up and we had to ask for clean ones causing more laundry for the staff. Those were the only two things that I found that I would have liked. I must follow that up by saying that they really haven't missed a beat on other details, most places have lots that they haven't thought of.

The housekeepers came in while I was cooking breakfast and tag teamed our room and were in and out very quickly leaving things nice and clean.

Amazing place to stay! You must check it out! We can't wait to go back. Judy

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Judy S
Lexington
Reviewed 1 August 2012 via mobile

I stayed here over the weekend on a last minute stay in the Outer Banks. It is located on a sound and has a very nice balcony view. It is a small hotel with, I believe 16 suites. It is on the pricey side, which is part of the reason we only stayed one night, but the room was immaculately clean and the amenities were above and beyond with 2 king beds, a full kitchen, a whirlpool tub, a great view with a private balcony, flat screen tvs, a small sitting area, and all hardwood floors. The beds were also very comfortable. I was definitely very sad that I only stayed here one night, and I will definitely be back!

• Stayed July 2012
Sea Ranch Resort
#1 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Hilton Garden Inn Outer Banks/Kitty Hawk
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfron...
#6 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills

Been to Oasis Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!