“At home without being home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nags Head
Sandbar Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 5 Nags Head B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Had a great stay for a couple nights. Enjoyed the extra amenities they had-pool, bikes, etc.

Tvs needed some updating, but we weren't worried about that because we were not in the room for much of the day anyway. Location was great because it was close to the beach and restaurants and the shop next door was great for beach items

We are definitely coming back and bringing our children and dog next time.

• Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 20 July 2013

The glowing reviews and the high price somehow made me think that this would be a special stay at Nag's Head. I thought long and hard about even writing a review because the manager, whom I saw briefly, was such a nice person.
However, this B&B was not a good match for me. It is on a busy street between two businesses. My room looked out on an alley between the B&B and a store. One reason I picked this B&B was because it sounded as though the owner was friendly and I thought it would be a more personably place than a motel. Apparently the owner was away. I did not like being the only guest in the house with only a door-knob lock on my room.
The room was clean. The breakfast was mostly carb-based foods and there was fresh fruit. The beach was across the road and up the street.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank Jimmianne
SandbarInnkeeper, Owner at Sandbar Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

"Disappointed" - I am sorry to hear you are disappointed. But I've read your review and I think there are positive signs there. The opening sentence "Glowing reviews" are from 95% people that stayed here. Our price, we feel we are competitive for what we have to offer. We are not a motel.
"However the Bed & Breakfast" was not a good match for me".
I agree, we are on the busy street called the Beach Road which runs parallel with the ocean, where most people want to be. Your room was the smallest back room, therefore you have no view.
"The room was clean", that's my favorite part of any review I can get.
The breakfast is as advertised.

Michael McVearry, the Sandbar Bed & Breakfast owner

Reviewed 25 June 2013

We had a great stay at the Sandbar this weekend! The innkeeper, Beata and owner, Mike, were so accommodating and friendly. They helped us with parking our boat which made for an easy weekend. The Ocean Room is very clean and quiet. There's a fun happy hour to meet the other guests and Mike too. Breakfast is pretty simple, but the website was clear about that, so there were no surprises. This is a great place to stay - we'll be back!

Room Tip: The Mermaid Room has a wonderful deck with an ocean view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JNo550
Reviewed 28 May 2013

The good news is it was comfortable and felt like home. The bad news is it felt like home where I make my own breakfast, and make my own bed, and do my own towels. To be fair, Mike and Princess were on their own vacation, so we never met or saw them, so maybe things are different when they are around. However, as happy as people are that it is very pet friendly, we were not. Barking during the night is not very relaxing. Our "Lighthouse" room was adorable, but is in desperate need of a new mattress. It was noisy, and every time we moved it woke us up, also had back pain each morning. It's location is perfect! Very nice place to just "chill" if that is what you're looking for. Not advising you don't go, just advising you know ahead.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank themrsodie

"Felt like home" that's what we intend for the Bed & Breakfast to feel like.
"I make my own breakfast" - we serve continental breakfast, which does not require a breakfast attendant. The breakfast attendant sets up the breakfast and happy hour for people to help themselves at their own convenient time.
As posted in our welcome letter, placed in each room, we do not enter room once checked in unless requested . Same with towels - fresh towels are always available in the hall way.

Michael McVearry, the Sandbar Bed & Breakfast owner

Reviewed 13 May 2013

We stayed at this b&b with our dog and four month old. House is very clean and we felt right at home. The staff was so accommodating and was not in the way at all. Across the street from the beach and within walking distance to a few restaurants. It was too cold out but the pool looked nice. We were the only guests there so it was great with a baby. Again staff couldn't have been nicer!

Room Tip: only negative is there are no king beds in any of the rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mbranoff
Reviewed 26 March 2013 via mobile

Pet friendly my wife and I stayed for great rate buy 2 get another night included (feb to march) and we were surprized by owners and managers friendlines and service.
For a short stay they are the best on obx.
Jeff and nancy from va.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank greenjeff
Reviewed 16 October 2012

My husband and I stayed 3 nights at the Sandbar B&B this October (2012). The place is clean and fresh even though it is very, very pet friendly. All the guests had dogs when we were there (including us with our 5 lb Toy Fox Terrier). There is ample area to walk your dog (and clean up after yourself there - as all the guests were doing). The 2 staff members (Beata and Ariel) were friendly, helpful, and accessible. There was ample food with a variety of choices for breakfast and snacks (wine, cheese, etc) in the afternoon (so much that we did not need to go out for dinner). Best of all - there was a Keurig coffee machine available so I could have my coffee any time I wanted! Also offered was a large tea selection. We will definitely stay there again and hope they maintain their relaxed policies. Pet owners like nice places as well as other people and we are willing to pay for the privilege of taking our buddies with us.

Room Tip: If you have a large dog, the Meredith Room is recommended as it is the most spacious. The Ocean Roo...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple