Rodeway Inn & Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Owens' Motel(Nags Head)
  • Beachfront
Sea Foam Motel(Nags Head)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Tar Heel Motel(Nags Head)
Islander Motel(Nags Head)
View Hotel
Blue Heron Motel(Nags Head)
View Hotel
Surf Side Hotel(Nags Head)
JP Cottages(Nags Head)
View Hotel
All reviewsacross streetstay there againjennette's piersmall showerthe cottagesbeach accessdish soapwi fiqueen bedfull size fridgeouter bankscoffee makerpetsamcabinoceankitchenette
Reviewed 16 August 2013

My boyfriend and I surprisingly enjoyed our stay here! All we were looking for a cheap place to sleep while not at the beach.

The positives:
The location is stellar. It's not technically a beachfront hotel, but it is situated across a pedestrian-friendly road. The public beach wasn't too crowded and was next to Jeanette Pier, which seems to be a popular fishing joint. Immediately across from the hotel is a small convenience/grocery store. About the room itself, we paid $140/night for a room with one king-sized bed. Our room was also equipped with a microwave and small minifridge, which was extremely convenient. The wifi connection is decent. We were able to effectively research some restaurants/touristy sites online, but the wifi is not fast enough to stream a TV show or movie. Luckily, our room had a TV with a wide selection of channels including Showtime.

The negatives:
The bathroom is tiny and the water takes a very, very long time to heat up.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MichelleL9
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Room was tiny and smelled of feet! I stayed there years ago and the hotel had a pool. The used to be pool area was covered with sand and had picnic table. If I knew that I would have stayed somewhere that was on the beach with a pool. $220 for 1 night is a bit much for tiny basic room that was not on the beach. My two bedroom beachfront apartment was better than this for under $200 per night but was unavailable when I stayed here.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Steph24572
Brent S, Owner at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2013

Dear Steph24572

Thank you for taking the time to talk about our hotel. I am sorry you were not satisfied with your recent stay. I do see that it seems you left a poor review for the other hotel you mentioned in your review as well, so not sure what expectations you had here?

We strive for a great stay for each guest, every time, they come to our hotel. You booked a standard size room of which is approx. 240 square feet, we have a wide variety of rooms available including a 750 square foot, 2 bedroom suite with living room, kitchen and bathroom with a whirlpool tub, or king suite that has a king bed and pull out sofa bed and is approx. 411 square feet, if you need more space we encourage to try one of our larger room next visit and it may suit your needs better. We have certainly addressed your concerns with smells and we do our best make sure each room has a fresh clean scent and apologize for not being as such.

Thanks for your review

Reviewed 23 July 2013

My girlfriend, myself, & our dog decided to go to the OBX on a whim. I searched the web on a Sunday afternoon & found what I thought was the best & most affordable deal. Pet friendly rentals are hard to find, especially on short notice. I booked a room for the next 3 days. We didn't have high expectations for the room b/c of the last minute deal. When we arrived, however, we were very pleasantly surprised. Our room exceeded all of our expectations! It was extremely clean & had views of the ocean & the sound. Beach access was directly across the street along with a public fishing pier. If I had to point out any negatives, it would be that the showers are rather small & it takes a few minutes for the water to heat up. We gladly accepted these minor details & thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The service was excellent & friendly. The room was affordable, clean, & very comfortable. Much more than we expected, & we will absolutely make reservations here the next time we're heading to the OBX. I would refer this hotel to anyone wanting to bring their pet to the beach & enjoy the OBX with the "entire" family!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank SweenyT

Dear SweenyT

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are all happy you enjoyed your recent stay and look forward to coming back to visit us again

Thanks Again

Reviewed 13 July 2013

Very basic small room and bathroom for family of four, but price was right for a short, last-minute stay. Third floor was quiet during out stay and offered nice view of ocean from balcony. No breakfast or pool, but microwave and fridge in room. Staff was very friendly. Room smelled very much like mildew and A/C was obnoxiously loud, but room was clean overall. Short walk to beach and pier. Not a luxury hotel by any means, but cheap and convenient.

Room Tip: Avoid room with 2 double beds for family of four...too tight.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I had a very pleasant stay here. The rooms were exceptionally clean, and newely remodled, the staff polite and helpful. It's directly across from a little convenient store and the Jannette Pier. Not directly on the beach but directly across the street from it. Room cost was very reasonable. Only thing keeping me from a 5 star rating is the room size was a little cramped for myself, spouse, & 2 kids. Still I absolutely will stay here again on my next OBX trip!

• Stayed: July 2013