“Excellent food, wonderful service, must try”
Review of Cafe Lachine

Cafe Lachine
Ranked #16 of 85 Restaurants in Nags Head
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Don't be fooled by the fact that this unassuming cafe sits in a quaint strip mall in Nags Head. It is a must try for dinner. I went there with my in-laws and my 12-year-old son. We were all wowed by the dinner entrees. My mother-in-law, who is from the south and is quite critical about anything with grits, said it was the best shrimp and grits she had ever had. My son had the braised ribs. The owner accommodated him with garlic mashed potatoes instead of polenta. I had the exquisitely prepared grouper with gouda grits. The gouda accentuated the grouper. The grits were creamy but not heavy. My father-in-law had the soft shell crabs which he let me try. That dish--which is hard to prepare well--was also perfect. The owner recommended a lovely bottle of wine which suited the meal well. We shared a tiramisu and brownies. I could not believe how great the tiramisu was! Not too sweet and subtle in texture. The brownie was made with bittersweet chocolate; therefore, it was not overpowering. I look forward to going there again and trying the lunch options as well. Call for dinner reservations--you don't want to miss this restaurant!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

What a great sandwich shop. We went with friends, they had something for everyone, even a picky twelve year old. The next day I went back to meet my uncle and aunt. My aunt had a stroke and can only eat what fits through a straw, the staff puréed her soup so that she could eat it. Beside an awesome staff, the food is amazing. The crab soup is a must. They gave a great mix of salads, sandwiches both hot and cold, and desserts. They only negative I can think of is that it lacks a little in atmosphere. It's not as cute as you'd expect with this type of a menu. When on Nags Head, this place is a must!

1  Thank Kittyme2
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I like the atmosphere of the place and the attention to detail. Very hygenic place, I usually get sandwiches for lunch from here. Friendly staff always smiling and good music. I recommend everybody try out this place.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Love the fresh wraps at Cafe LaChine. Beautiful ambience, friendly staff. I have eaten there several times with kids in the off season and it has been lovely. For the high summer season, I prefer to dine there with grown-ups. An excellent choice for lunch in Nags Head.

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Great lunch , fresh food! I had the scallop Po boy with sweet potato fries and everything was excellent. Would definitely go back to this place.