Blue Heron Motel
US$124
RodewayInn
US$283
Great 4.5/5
Comfort Inn South Oceanfront(Nags Head)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$153
Owens' Motel(Nags Head)
US$70
  • Beachfront
Surf Side Hotel(Nags Head)(Great Value!)
US$135
Great 4.5/5
Sea Foam Motel(Nags Head)
Islander Motel(Nags Head)
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsthird floorno elevatorrooms face the oceanocean frontthe outer banksoutdoor poolhot tubefficiency roomclean roomsold schoolscreen doorshort driveeasy access to the beachkitty hawksoundmicrowavebalcony
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 July 2014

repeat visitor ... the rooms are nice .... the staff is excellent ... very happy.
easy access to the beach, near great eateries, very clean rooms.
3 pools and the ocean, what isn't there to love. one indoor pool and a hotrub.
2 outdoor pools.
I always bring my own pillows no matter where I go.
the beds were very comfortable.

4  Thank j A
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I chose this motel after searching TripAdvisor, needing a good location at a good price. This was it!! The motel was perfect for our 5 days/ 4 nights on the northern Outer Banks. The location was convenient to all tourist sites of Corolla, Kitty Hawk, Manteo and Cape Hatteras National Seashore. The Motel sits on the beach drive, a block from the busy traffic, so a quiet location for couples or small families. ALL ROOMS are ocean front with a private porch but be aware the first floor probably cannot see over the dune. Also there is no elevator, so physically challenged would stay on the first floor.

On entering the room, I was impressed with the clean appearance and smell. (No smoking allowed.) The bath was also spotless. The view was perfect. We were in room 14, which was on the 3rd floor north end with an unobstructed view to the ocean, the north coast and even the sunset over the sound in the west. *Ask for this room.* It also gets a nice breeze so we spent loved our private porch. Did I mention the ocean is about fifty steps away? Much closer than it appeared in the pictures. The pools were nice, though the temp was a little too cool for me to swim. Didn't try the indoor pool. Only negative was that the bathroom had no vanity to put all your "stuff" on. Also we had to drive to Kill Devil Hills for restaurants, which was fine except it took a bit of searching to find a good breakfast spot. (May I recommend Stackem High in Kill Devil Hills.)

If we return to Nags Head, we will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for second or third floor for the view. Room 14 is the best unless you need an efficiency.
2  Thank katiedog84
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My wife and I were shopping for place to stay May 16th on the OBX before the season starts up and rates go crazy, found Blue Heron Motel on TripAdvisor, this place is a gem, not fancy, maybe a little dated, but we wanted oceanfront, they put us on the third floor in an efficiency, had a small kitchenette and full size fridge, I do not think all the rooms have kitchens, this room was clean, enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub, we will come back! Peace2U

Room Tip: Ask for 3rd floor to get above the dunes! Bring you own coffee to enjoy the sunrise on the balcony!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank abstractdaddy
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This was a lovely little motel. It was very clean and from the 3rd floor had lovely views out the front of the sound, and of the ocean from the back. I'm glad I saw the reviews saying to bring your own pillows as it was slightly smokey smelling. Also bring your own shampoos, hair dryers, etc. The staff was friendly and made you feel comfortable. The pools were really nice. The price in June was seventy-five dollars less per night than a Hampton Inn with no character.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Shannon M
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We were to stay with a friend who had a family death so we rode on down without any idea where we would stay. This hotel might look 50s sketchy on the exterior but it's clean as a whistle remodeled with flat screens...not that you want to watch TV as each room is ocean front.loved it!

1  Thank tourismgoddess