“Yum”

Daniels' Whalebone Seafood Market
Ranked #56 of 85 Restaurants in Nags Head
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Love this place! great fresh seafood, knowledgeable staff. we ordered the blue crabs and some shrimp. the shrimp was awesome.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

We usually go to Austin's, but this year we were staying in SNH and we decided to go to Whalebone since it is closer. I was disappointed in the very limited selection of fish and other seafood the day we went. We ended up with some shrimp and scallops which we pan sauteed in butter and lemon juice. The quality was very good. The service was also good, but when I asked if there was any deveined shrimp, I was told it is not necessary to devein them. I don't know what's true about that, but on the cooking shows, they always devein the shrimp, so I did it myself. The selection at Austin's is much greater, but I've read that some of their fish is not local. I am curious about why the selection at Whalebone was so minimal. Other than crabs, scallops, and shrimp, I think there were only 2 other kinds of fish available. Surely there is more fresh fish available daily in Sept than that.

1  Thank Pohickian
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We had a wonderful experience ordering crabs and shrimp from Daniels'. The crabs were sweet and spiced to perfection! Thank you Daniels' for making this vacation memorable. I will refer friends and family to your business. We are from Maryland and love our crabs!

1  Thank Lucy55_12
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We are not very experienced buying or cooking seafood. They gave us a great suggestion on the type of fish to buy and told us exactly how to prepare it. Had a great selection of seafood and the products to prepare it.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Every day, around 5 p.m. I head to Whalebone and choose what we are having for dinner. The flounder this year was outstanding - so fresh it was unbelievable. We just lightly sauteed it and it was perfect. We always get the shrimp and the steamed crab. Always perfect. Other than the steaming of the crab, I just take the fresh seafood back to the cottage and we eat in. Been going there for years, and wouldn't think of going anywhere else. The staff is wonderful and very helpful. I usually put in orders for the crab, but other than that I see what looks good. You wont be disappointed.

3  Thank fmh1229