“Best fishing captain in Nags Head, hands down!”
Review of Rock Solid Fishing

Rock Solid Fishing
Ranked #9 of 24 Tours in Nags Head
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The best fishing on the Outer Banks! Whether you fish with the Rock Solid, the Carolina Blue, or the Southern Run, our captains will lead you to the fish and give you a fun day on the water!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best fishing captain in Nags Head, hands down!”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

My boys and I have been fishing with Captain Aaron for over 10 years, He tailors every trip based on what what is biting and what interests us at the time. We look forward to our afternoon on the boat and catching up. He is EXTREMELY knowledgeable about fishing and the Nags Head/Kill Devil Hills area. I am a single mom and he has been incredibly patient while I try and learn about fishing so I can keep up with my boys, even so far as to teach us knot tying and what baits work best off the beach and piers. We have learned a lot from him over the years. I do have to overlook the fact that he is a Steeler fan, guess we all have a flaw. :). This trip is the highlight of our vacation. I truly cannot say enough good things about Rock Solid Fishing.

FYI, if you need a great photographer for a family beach photo his wife has started an endeavor and is affordable and very talented.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank Judy J

Mac Arthur, West Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Don't waste your time!!!”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

My family and I chose Rock Solid Fishing because of an ad we saw in the Visitor's Guide. The ad stated that this was the Best in the area. However, we disagree!!! The captain was over an hour late for our departure time, continuously drove around for the entire time minus the 20 minutes we actually stopped to fish, he cast the lines, and we were only allowed to touch the rods when it was time to reel in the very small fish. The boat we were on was not made for the amount of people we had, there was no sitting room except for two seats which were separate from one another. We were constantly reminded how it was not the captain's turn to take people out that he was filling in for someone else. During the trip we had to turn around to get gas and we also were brought back 30 minutes early. This trip was incredibly horrific and I would not waste my time nor my money on this company, their captains, and their claims to be the best.

Visited July 2013
11 Thank Heather W
Aaron K, Owner at Rock Solid Fishing, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
The captain that originally was supposed to take the trip had a family emergency and we provided a captain for them as soon as possible so they could make their day and not have to cancel. The customer showed up at the wrong marina making the trip start later than expected. The captain was told they wanted to fish for a specific fish, cobia, and the clients wanted to be in the ocean. This requires the captain to ride, look, and sightcast for the fish and due to the weather conditions it was difficult so they fished the bridge and caught smaller fish. The family on the boat was also getting sick so the captain took them in a little early. They also received a discounted trip since they were not happy and we had two separate conversations with the clients, listening to their dismay and apologizing for an inconvenience and explaining the situation to which they said they understood. It wasn't the captain not doing a good job, the rough weather and tough fishing played a major role in their disappointment.