“Rock Solid puts fish in the cooler!”
Review of Rock Solid Fishing

Rock Solid Fishing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The best fishing on the Outer Banks! Whether you fish with the Rock Solid, the Carolina Blue, or the Southern Run, our captains will lead you to the fish and give you a fun day on the water!
Reviewed 7 August 2013

My sons and I have been fishing with Captain Aaron Kelly for close to ten years. He always works his butt off to put fish in the boat. We have had years where we caught 360 pounds of fish not counting the many we threw back. This year we got an 88 pound citation cobia! He doesn't take you out and just troll around. It is real fishing. Just book your trip and let him put you on the fish! He knows the area so let him tell you what is best for the day and you will have fresh fish for dinner that night! We will be booking with him for many years to come!

2  Thank Tom-J-0612

Reviewed 5 August 2013

I have fished with aaron kelly of the rock solid for years . I'm here to tell ya he is the best fishing captain in the world !!! From the huge cobias to the monster amber jacks , this guy will get you on the meat !! I would not even think of takin a trip to the outer banks without fishing with him !! The best part about it is aaron himself , he is a personality plus !!! He is the best of the best bar none !!! Got 2 trips with him next month !!! Well you never know maybe 3 lol

1  Thank Kelly Y
Reviewed 4 August 2013

My family vacationed on the Outer Banks for a week in late July/early August. We had gotten a visitors guide from the visitors' center. There was an advertisement for Rock Solid Fishing in it. It looked like a fun thing for the kids, my husband, and I to do. We booked a half-day trip on one of their boats. The captain was very friendly and knowledgeable of the fishing and he got us fishing in no time! The kids absolutely loved fishing for triggerfish (i think it was called). We caught a few, but the kids wanted to let their fish free (how cute!). We also caught some other fish (I forgot the names) and released those too. The trip was perfect; the kids had fun and the adults had fun. If we ever book another Outer Banks vacation, Rock Solid Fishing will be the first thing we do!

2  Thank Sandra M
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Every year the family and I fish with Rock Solid Fishing. We come down to the OBX on our annual vacation and Rock Solid Fishing is a must-do! The captains are always warm and friendly. Our latest trip, in late July, was unfavorable in terms of weather. We trolled around looking for Cobia in the morning and caught a few that were too small to keep. The weather then turned sour and it started to rain. The captain decided it was unsafe to be out there and cut our trip short. The storm turned our full-day trip on the boat into a half-day trip. The captain said we only had to pay half-day price because of the weather. In our six years of fishing with Rock Solid Fishing, we have never had a bad time. It was still a fun day and we will continue to fish with Rock Solid Fishing.

1  Thank Gordon C
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I have been fishing with Captian Kelly for 18 years. I have fished for stripers,red drum, trout, dolphin, amberjacks, sharks, and cobia. There is no better sight fishing guide on the beach. I have caught multiple citations of multiple species of fish with Captian Kelly. If you want to catch fish with a polite, knowledgeable, and all around great person u can't beat Rocksolid Fishing and Captian Aaron Kelly. Tight lines!!!!

2  Thank Frazier16