“An Average Tourist Trap” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dirty Dick's Crab House
Ranked #33 of 80 Restaurants in Nags Head
Price range: US$10 - US$45
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar, Pub
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Kids, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Dirty Dick's Crab House is all about the FUN...in fact, the only thing we are serious about is our seafood - fresh seafood served daily!
Philadelphia
“An Average Tourist Trap”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

I found this restaurant to be very average. I was expecting to be blown away, but I think I was turned off by the slow service, and mediocre food. Our waitress was very attentive, and the staff was very accomodating of my wife's food allergies, but it took way too long to get our food to us. The prices seemed inflated to me. For food that was just average, I found this to be annoying. I have a general problem with a place that sells you one pound of crab legs for an all-you-can-eat price (which they do not even offer). I guess they think they'll fill you up with the carb-loaded hush puppies. The signature food was undoubtedly the cheesy grits. Everyone in our party agreed that they were tasty. I'm glad I experienced it, but I wont be back. There are much better places in that area.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank SkyPiGG

Boston, Massachusetts
“Over priced poorly cooked food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013 via mobile

We stopped for dinner since we were starving. We ate the BBQ pulled pork and BBQ chicken since the seafood was so over priced. The meat was dried out and tasteless. The corn was so tiny and over cooked. Keep driving!!

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“Unexpectedly good, very unusual name.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

Good food, good Service, crazy name, looks like they recently redone the place. Very clean
Good place for seafood

• Visited May 2013
Chesterfield
“Could use improvement”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2013

Mixed reviews on this one, I had the crab on texas toast, with cheddar cheese melted on top and it was very good. Others ordered seafood where the scallops were not cooked. When they were returned to kitchen , they never returned until we asked for check and said just take them off. It seems the manager told them to fix fresh order but did not tell them what to do with them. No excuse, The restaurant did give us a big discount and were very sorry for the confusion. I would try them again, some not so much, Great gift shop though

Visited May 2013
Manteo, North Carolina
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

We had a wonderful luncheon at Dirty Dick's. The Shrimp and Grits and Shrimp Creole were delicious and bountiful. The menu is incredible. The service was great and the prices are inline with the area. The place is fun and clean.

• Visited May 2013