“Perfect vacation/wedding”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

dj4nier
Clayton, North Carolina
“Perfect vacation/wedding ”
Reviewed 28 March 2016 for a stay in May 2015

The Lodge was the best vacation home that I have stayed in at the Outer Banks! I am originally from the area and my family and I have gone back every summer for the past 20 years and have rented many cottages but this was perfect for everything we needed including my daughter's wedding! There was enough room for the whole wedding party and family to stay comfortably There are so many amenities with the pool, kiddie pool (which my younger grandchildren loved), pool table, hot tub etc that everyone had a blast! The rooms are decorated beautifully and the bedrooms are so spacious, unlike many other cottages where's there's just enough room for a bed. The upstairs living/kitchen area is outstanding with breathtaking views of the ocean. I loved the kitchen ...with so many of us there it was wonderful having such an expansive area. My daughter had a beautiful perfect wedding right on the beach in front of the house and we couldn't have been happier with the location. Can't wait to go back ...

Anngela C
“Less than expected.”
Reviewed 24 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

If you are looking for a great location - keep looking. Large hotel to the left blocks your view and summer housing to the right is run down. We were really looking forward to staying at this house after viewing the pictures. However, I don't think the pictures have been updated since the house was built. It's run down inside and lots of things were broke. The second dishwasher was broke, the second washing machine was broke, and the dryer took three 90 minute cycles to dry clothes. Those were the major issues, there were many other smaller things that are probably trivial to most people but when you are paying over $10K a week to rent the place - it better be top notch in my book! I'm having a hard time believing that this house is a premier property. We still enjoyed our beach trip but would not rent this house again.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
22 Apr 2016
Anngela,
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We are not used to seeing poor feedback on this property, and regret that you did not have a great experience. We do pride ourselves on our updated photos and indeed most folks do enjoy the Lodge immensely and the property has a terrific repeat clientele. After your review we did follow up on all of the issues you outlined and everything seems to be working properly now.
We hope you will return again next summer and enjoy a better experience.
All the best from the beach!
VA

Virginia
Reviewed 19 July 2013 for a stay in June 2013

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;