“Very nice”

Owens' Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 85 Restaurants in Nags Head
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Since 1946, four generations of locals and visitors have experienced the famous food and hospitality of the Owens and Shannon families.We are celebrating 69 years in business, in the same location, making us the oldest restaurant in the state of North Carolina! Owens Restaurant serves classic Southern coastal cuisine. We specialize in fresh and local seafood from North Carolina waters, exceptional Prime Western beef, and flavorful pastas. Our customers marvel at our collection of museum quality artifacts dedicated to the maritime history of the Outer Banks. Come see us for delicious food, exceptional service and warm Southern hospitality!
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Visited last week and enjoyed the pecan crusted scallops. Great food and great service made for an enjoyable meal. Felt that we were well taken care of.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,020)

Reviewed 27 May 2014

This was our first time in OBX (Nag's Head) and my 36th birthday was upon us. I wanted a really classy seafood restaurant as my dinner selection. After a long online search for just the right spot, I found Owens' restaurant. From all the reviews that I have read it seemed to have all that I was looking for: atmosphere that was classy and tastefully nautical with a menu that wasn't just fried crustaceans and some token fish. Owens' has a quaint old fashioned nautical theme that isn't too overdone. The menu had a nice selection of fish and shellfish that can be ordered fried, steam or or grilled. A nice variety of tasty seafood appetizers is also available. The wine and beer list is extensive (They have Anchor Steam, my favorite). Lastly, their desert selection was very good too: creme brulee, key lime pie (Delicious), chocolate moose in a tall glass, fudge brownie sundae and salted caramel ice cream.

Their staff was friendly and helpful in making our final decisions for dinner. I know the price is rated at ($$$), but having just eaten there tonight it was well worth it. My family and I would definitely go again.

We also had:
- Pecan Crusted Sea Scallops golden fried, Jack Daniel’s toasted pecan butter
- Jumbo Lump Crabmeat Remick with mozzarella cheese
- roasted red pepper soup with corn and jumbo crab meat lumps
- Yellowfin Tuna ginger soy laquered, grilled, mixed baby greens, toasted sesame dressing, almond wild rice
- Carolina Jambalaya of shrimp, crawfish, sea scallops, Tasso ham and Andouille sausage, white rice, mildly spicy
- Fried flounder and fried oysters with mashed potatoes

All of it was great!

1  Thank Brtst11
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We came here at the beginning of May and I have to say that the service was a little slow. We ordered Prosecco and it was warm and flat. My main meal of pecan crusted fish was dry and tasteless and it came with a pot of what seemed to be pecans in honey, which was ridiculously sweet.
I was excited that they had chocolate mousse on the menu and ordered some. It was very dense and rich, which is fine by me! Portion size was huge, so definitely one you can share!
Wouldn't return.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

We stayed at Nags Head for our honeymoon and one of the gifts we had receives was a gift certificate to Owen's. It was very nice. The Hostess was polite and our waiter was awesome and answered any of our questions. We dine fine dining often and this was absolutely no different. The lobster was huge and the steaks were so delicious! The offered a great variety of wines and some champagne choices. All in all we were there for nearly 2 and Half hours and enjoyed it so much. I can no wait to return. Thank you Owens for making our honeymoon an even better memory!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Owens' is a family owned restaurant which dates back to 1946. The eclectic nautical decor and collection of maritime related antiques was fascinating. This was our first meal at Owens' and it was wonderful. I had the delicious 14 oz. New York Strip Prime Midwestern aged beef, seared on the grill with Marchands de Vin butter, and Seabreeze Potatoes. My wife had the equally as delicious Mixed Grill with petite filet mignon, teriyaki marinated tuna and a brochette of shrimp, scallops and vegetables, with almond wild rice. Both dinners were excellent and our server was very professional old school waitress. They have a very good wine list and thoroughly enjoyed the beautifully decorated dining room which was cozy. We highly recommend Owens' and definitely go back again soon.