“Fantastic!”

Price range: US$18 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, View, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Family owned and operated for 33 years, we serve the finest and freshest local seafood, choice steaks, salads, pastas, chicken and more. We pay attention to every detail to ensure your meal is memorable and delicious! Enjoy casual dining overlooking the Roanoke Sound, and live music (in season) in our waterfront gazebo. Come early and enjoy your favorite cocktail outdoors overlooking the water, or in our indoor bar. We offer an extensive wine list, a lighter fare menu, childrens’ menu and more. We welcome children, families and parties of all sizes, and offer comfortable booths for a romantic dinner for two. We look forward to serving you!
Colliers, West Virginia
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Everything about this place was great! The service, the food the atmosphere were all top notch. The veiw of the sound was wonderful, as well.

Visited May 2014

Stow, Ohio, United States
“Great food, great service, great view!”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My husband and I had our rehearsal dinner here in 2010, and it was great! The treated us so well and made the night very special. We went again on a return trip in 2013 and found the place to be just as wonderful as it was the first time. The view is great and the live music during the summer is enjoyable to listen to as you dine.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Abbey B
Cary, North Carolina
“RUINED ANNIVERSARY DINNER -- HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We had previously dined at Tale of the Whale and always had a wonderful experience and meal. We went there for our anniversary dinner, arrived when they opened at 5:00 and were seated at a window table. Our server was very friendly. We ordered calamari as an appetizer, which was very good. I asked the server if I could get my prime rib rare and she said I certainly could. I saw no reason why rare would not be available at restaurant opening time. My husband ordered swordfish done three ways.

When my supposedly rare prime rib arrived, it was done close to medium and very tough. I told the server that I wanted it rare and she checked with the kitchen and said that was as rare as they had. She brought over the owner who apologized profusely. She asked if I wanted something else and I chose a ribeye. I figured that could be cooked rare. Anyone can do that. WRONG!!! My rib eye arrived raw and purple and also very tough. She asked if it was rare enough for me and I pointed out that it was raw. She took it back to the kitchen to have them put it back on the grill. The owner again apologized. The ribeye came back inedible. I could not even cut it with a steak knife. It was all dried out and tough. The server and owner apologized.

My husband was now finished with his meal (which he did enjoy). They asked if I wanted something else. I was very hungry at this point, so I ordered another calamari, since the first one was fine and they probably wouldn’t screw it up. I was unwilling to try anything else out of that kitchen.

My husband ordered a coffee while I ate, and when the bill came, I was amazed. They charged us for the swordfish, 2 orders of calamari and coffee. They didn’t even try to give us a free cup of coffee or the second calamari! After all that went on, a restaurant of that “quality” should make an adjustment on the bill. We spoke to the man at the front desk on the way out and told him he needed to get a better meat supplier. He would not make eye contact. The owner was there as well and apologized again.

This was so terribly disappointing, especially since it was our anniversary and we had so looked forward to a nice meal. I don’t think I would ever go back there again after that experience. They have certainly gone downhill since the last time we were there (2 years ago).

• Visited May 2014
5 Thank olfolks
Pasadena, Maryland
“alway great food”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This place is a must for diner, food, selections and service..cant be beat. Just cant say enough for this restaurant..a must when visting thr outer banks

Visited May 2014
Waynesboro, Virginia
“Great Food, Beautiful View”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This is a great place to eat that's right on the water. We took advantage of the 'early bird' special and found the prices to be very reasonable. Our party of 5 was seated quickly and we all enjoyed our meals. The dining area was a bit loud, which made conversation difficult, but the view made up for the noise! We'll definitely eat here again!

• Visited May 2014