“Friend-recommended”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Takeout
Roanoke, Virginia
“Friend-recommended”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We visited this restaurant at 8:15 pm on a Wednesday night and were told the wait would be an hour and a half. We went somewhere else. The next night, we went earlier around 6:30 and had to wait over an hour. However, they had games going on behind the restaurant to keep everyone busy. My daughter and I had the fish tacos and conch fritters, both were great. My husband wasn't fond of his steak, but I thought it was tasty. Son-in-law had scallops which he thoroughly enjoyed. Even though the food and service were fine, I'm not sure I would wait over an hour again. Perhaps we'll try lunch on our next trip.

1 Thank SCPinnell

Hillsborough, North Carolina
“Much better than a fried fish restaurant”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

So many beach restaurants just look alike - a pile of fried seafood, some lackluster sides and perky staff in silly nautical outfits. That's not Tortugas. This place has great food - really cool stuff like the incredible tuna dish I had last week. My vegetarian friend was pleased with the offerings for her palate as well. The staff was really helpful. The service was quick.

Visited July 2014
Lexington TN
“Outer Banks vaca”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We make a habit of asking the locals where the best places are and sure enough this was one of them; the exterior is nondescript, but the food was delicious, beverages cold & staff very friendly!! Will dine there again.....wonderful!! Not on the water, but the service & food make up for the lack of scenery!!!

State College, Pennsylvania
“worth the wait”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Small place, means you will likely wait for a table. But beach volleyball and corn hole in back!
Our food was good to above average. Has a "local" kind of vibe. My brother raved about his steamed platter. I had an interesting smokey-cheesy sauce on my tuna. Will go again.

Charlotte, NC
“Casual seafood place”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Great place for fresh seafood!

The place is very low key and casual. Good menu but the one thing that was missing were oysters.

Didn't matter - good food at a fair price. Can't beat that!

Visited May 2014